Upgrade Arduino Json6 HELP

HELP!

I purchased the IoT kits for my students and they are trying to do the five projects and none of them work. We keep getting the error that we need to upgrade Arduino Json6. Can anyone tell me what to do? I am just learning and trying to help my students and we are lost. My kids are getting frustrated and wanting to quit.

We are trying the 1_Love_You_Pillow by Arduino_Genuino project right now.

Please help :cry:

alexSTEM:
HELP!

I purchased the IoT kits for my students and they are trying to do the five projects and none of them work. We keep getting the error that we need to upgrade Arduino Json6. Can anyone tell me what to do? I am just learning and trying to help my students and we are lost. My kids are getting frustrated and wanting to quit.

We are trying the 1_Love_You_Pillow by Arduino_Genuino project right now.

Please help :cry:

No clue what kits you are talking about.

Question should be directed towards the vendor.

Oh Good Lord I don't event know . I assumed Arduino was the Vendor. I purchased MKR IoT Bundle with the MKR1000 board.

I'm so lost. I'm just a teacher shoved into the STEM movement and regretting my life choices.

The TelegramBot library is written for ArduinoJson 5.x.x, but you're using a newer version of ArduinoJson. The error message suggests that you update the TelegramBot library code to be compatible with ArduinoJson 6.x.x and newer, but that's a fairly advanced project. Much easier is to use the version of the ArduinoJson library that the TelegramBot library was written for.

I'm going to assume you're using the Arduino Web Editor in the following instructions. If you're actually using the Arduino Web IDE, just let me know and I'll provide those instructions. It's a quite simple process either way:

• Open the 1_Love_You_Pillow sketch in the Arduino Web Editor
  • From the bar on the left side of the Arduino Web Editor window, click on "Libraries".
  • Click the "Library Manager" button.
  • In the search field, type "arduinojson".
  • Press "Enter".
  • Click the star to the right of "ArduinoJson An efficient and elegant JSON library for Arduino".
  • Click the "Done" button.
  • Click the "Favorites" tab.
  • Hover the mouse over "ArduinoJSON". You will see an "Include" button appear.
  • Click the downward pointing triangle on the right side of the "Include" button.
  • From the dropdown menu, select "Version 5.13.5".
  • Click the "..." button to the right of the board selection menu.
  • Click "Save".

This will configure your sketch to use the 5.13.5 version of the ArduinoJson library, which is compatible with the TelegramBot library. Now the sketch should compile without errors.

Now, you may not want to repeat that process for each of your students. There are a couple of alternative options for deploying the fixed sketch:

On deployment option is to use the Arduino Web Editor's sketch sharing feature:
Click the "Share" button. This will provide you with a URL to the fixed sketch. On the other computers, you only need to open that URL and click the "Add to my Sketchbook" button to get the fixed sketch into their Arduino Web Editor. Note that if they still have the old broken version of the sketch in their Arduino Web Editor sketchbook, the new one will be named "1_Love_You_Pillow_copy1". If that will cause confusion, you could instruct them to delete the broken version of the sketch before importing the fixed sketch.

The other deployment option is to download the fixed sketch and then provide the downloaded .zip file to the students to import:

• Click the "..." button to the right of the board selection menu.
  • Click "Download Sketch". This will download a file named "1_Love_You_Pillow.zip" to your computer".
  • On the other computers, click on "Sketchbook" on the bar on the left side of the Arduino Web Editor window.
  • Hover the mouse over "1_Love_You_Pillow".
  • Click the downward pointing triangle button on that sketch.
  • Click "Delete Sketch..."
  • Click the "OK" button.
  • Click the import button, which looks like an upward pointing arrow.
  • If you get a message about importing your sketchbook, click "Import".
  • Select the "1_Love_You_Pillow.zip" file from wherever it is stored on the computer.
  • Click "Open".
  • Wait for the import process to finish.

Please let me know if you have problems or questions about any of the above questions.

alexSTEM:
they are trying to do the five projects and none of them work.

I'm happy to help with any problems you have with the other projects, but I'll need you to provide a detailed description of what the problems are. I just tried compiling the others and they all worked with the exception of 5_Plant_Communicator_Pro, which I do have a fix for if you need it.

ieee488:
No clue what kits you are talking about.

Question should be directed towards the vendor..

Here it is:
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-iot-mkr1000-bundle
There are links from that page to the tutorials and code for all the projects.

Hi alexSTEM. I reported the issue you encountered with the 1_Love_You_Pillow project sketch as well as the issue with 3_Pavlov_s_Cat_Pro and 5_Plant_Communicator_Pro I discovered to the people at Arduino in charge of that content and they have already fixed the problems! So you can now disregard the instructions I provided earlier for fixing the issue yourself. You can just grab the code right from the Arduino Project Hub and there will be no errors.

If you do encounter any other problems, please let us know and we’ll try to help you out with them.

alexSTEM:
I’m so lost. I’m just a teacher shoved into the STEM movement and regretting my life choices.

I’m very sorry to hear that. The MKR IoT Bundle you’re using looks like something that could provide an amazing learning experience to students. I very much wish I had access to this sort of stuff when I was a kid. It definitely could have changed my life. I hope things will start going more smoothly for you now. Although it seems overwhelming at first, there is a tremendous amount of information freely available to answer most any question you could have. And there are always people here on the forum happy to share knowledge and assist with troubleshooting.

pert:
Hi alexSTEM. I reported the issue you encountered with the 1_Love_You_Pillow project sketch as well as the issue with 3_Pavlov_s_Cat_Pro and 5_Plant_Communicator_Pro I discovered to the people at Arduino in charge of that content and they have already fixed the problems! So you can now disregard the instructions I provided earlier for fixing the issue yourself. You can just grab the code right from the Arduino Project Hub and there will be no errors.

If you do encounter any other problems, please let us know and we'll try to help you out with them.
I'm very sorry to hear that. The MKR IoT Bundle you're using looks like something that could provide an amazing learning experience to students. I very much wish I had access to this sort of stuff when I was a kid. It definitely could have changed my life. I hope things will start going more smoothly for you now. Although it seems overwhelming at first, there is a tremendous amount of information freely available to answer most any question you could have. And there are always people here on the forum happy to share knowledge and assist with troubleshooting.

You are my HERO!!!!!!! thank you so much! I was ready to throw in the towel

You’re welcome. I’m glad if I was able to be of assistance.
Per