Upgraded but missing some boards

Hello,

i've upgraded from version 1.0.5 to the latest version 1.8.13.

I've used the Zip file to upgrade so i still can use the 2 versions.

But now i've got some problems. When i open the new version (1.8.13) i miss all the extra boards that i had. All my attiny are gone.

Can't find boards.txt in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\bootloaders. Is it before version 1.5?
Can't find boards.txt in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores. Is it before version 1.5?
WARNING: Error loading hardware folder C:\Users\Road Runner\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny
  no valid hardware-definities found in map tiny.

What maps do i need to copy to the new version?

And a second problem.

invalid library found in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster

In the old version there was no problem because i use this library quite often.

Thanks
Best regards

Moondust:
But now i've got some problems. When i open the new version (1.8.13) i miss all the extra boards that i had. All my attiny are gone.

Can't find boards.txt in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\bootloaders. Is it before version 1.5?

Can't find boards.txt in C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores. Is it before version 1.5?
WARNING: Error loading hardware folder C:\Users\Road Runner\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny
  no valid hardware-definities found in map tiny.

A new boards platform folder structure was introduced in Arduino IDE 1.5.x. You have a platform of the 1.0 format installed at C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny, which is not recognized.

I'm not sure whether there is a new version of that "tiny" platform with the 1.5 format. You could look around for it or try to make the conversion yourself, but my recommendation is to just switch to using the modern gold standard ATtiny Arduino boards platform ATTinyCore:

Moondust:

invalid library found in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster

In the old version there was no problem because i use this library quite often.

I am not aware of any possible reason for a library that is considered invalid by Arduino IDE 1.8.13 to have worked with Arduino IDE 1.0.5. Unlike boards platforms, full backwards compatibility was retained with the old format of libraries.

What did change is the Arduino IDE started printing this warning when you have anything in the C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries that is not a library. Arduino IDE 1.0.5 just silently ignored these invalid libraries. So most likely this folder was never valid and the library you are using is in another folder. You can test this out by moving C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster out of the C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries folder and then trying to compile a sketch you think is using that library.

If you like, you can post a directory listing that shows the contents of C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster and I will tell you exactly what is going on.

Thanks for the reply and information.

This is the content of
C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster

.github directory
examples directory
utility directory
.travis.ylm
Adafruit_MotorShield c++ source file
Adafruit_MotorShield H-file
keywords.txt
library.properties
licence.txt
readme.md

Best regards

Can you enable file extensions and post it again?

Here it is

.github directory
examples directory
utility directory
.travis.ylm
Adafruit_MotorShield.cpp
Adafruit_MotorShield.h
keywords.txt
library.properties
licence.txt
readme.md

best regards

Problem solved.

The problem was that the directory was to deep.

i changed this
C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster
to
C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AdafruitMotorShieldV2Librarymaster

And now the error is gone.

After the installation of the new AttinyCore library i got the boards back.
Only the error stays (probaply because i still have the old ones also.

@pert
Thanks for the hulp.

Moondust:
Problem solved.

The problem was that the directory was to deep.

Nice work finding the problem!

Moondust:
Only the error stays (probaply because i still have the old ones also.

That's correct. It shouldn't do any harm other than being a little bit annoying. If you think you might still use Arduino IDE 1.0.5 sometimes, you might want to leave them (because ATTinyCore is not compatible with Arduino IDE 1.0.x). To suppress the error messages, You could rename the folder "C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\hardware" to something else then rename it back to hardware when using Arduino IDE 1.0.5. Otherwise, you can just delete "C:\Users...\Documents\Arduino\hardware".

Moondust:
@pert
Thanks for the hulp.

You're welcome. Enjoy using the modern Arduino IDE!