Upgraded Yun and serious problems

I upgraded the image on my Yun and real problems have raised their ugly head, the sketches that had run using bridge command worked fine and now I get nothing back from the Linux side of things. The image I loaded was download from the arduino site this AM and is named openwrt-ar71xx-generic-yun-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

There is one exception to the sketches not working and that is the YunSerialTerminal and the only response I get on that is when I reboot the OpenWrt side of things and I get the normal output when booting a linux system.

I did load YunSerialTerminal before upgrading the image as the instructions said to.

In addition to the sketches not running except for the YunSerialTerminal I can not connect to the Yun through the net by entering the address arduino.local with Firefox, before upgrading I could connect to the Yun using a browser.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks
wade

After the booting process what happens if you press enter in the serial monitor? You have to select Newline as line ending in the serial monitor.