Upgrading to version 1.0.1 (from version 21)

Hi,

I’m in the process of upgrading from version 21 to 1.0.1.

So far I’ve.... Replaced Wire.recieve with Wire.read and Wire.send with Wire.write Replaced all references to WProgram.h with Arduino.h

I’m now getting the following error.... c:/all_apps/arduino-1.0.1/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr6/crtm2560.o: In function __vector_default': (.vectors+0x5c): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbolvector_23' defined in .text.vector_23 section in core.a(wiring.c.o)

What I’ve done is this... I took my project and made sure it compiled ok in version 21 I commented out 90% of the code in the sketch (all references to my libraries and objects based on those libraries) I re-compiled it in version 21 to check it was still ok. I upgraded to version 1.0.1 I recompiled it (and it worked) I started un-commenting each library one at a time (and the objects based on those libraries) I’ve successfully re-added two or three libraries Then I got stuck :-(

I haven’t included my code simply because the above error doesn’t appear (IMHO) to be directly related to library itself, rather it appears to be some sort of internal error. I’m running XP pro 2002 service pack 3

I’ve got two questions. 1) Whats the solution to the above error, and 2) Are there any upgrade notes available, if so where, or do I just need to plough through the errors fixing each one as it occurs? Thanks

Ok, I’ve done some more work on this, and the issue is getting slightly wierder.

Take a look at this snippet from my sketch…

#include <Arduino.h>                       // replacement for "WProgram.h" - needed for 'Serial'
#include <Wire.h>                             // Library to control I2C comunications
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>                     // Needed for PROGMAN stuff
#include <ProgmemConst.h>                     // Global progmem constants
#include <CompHMC6352.h>                      // Library for the HMC6352 compass
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>                    // Controls access to the LCD display
//#include <BaroBMP085.h>                       // Library for the BMP085 pressure module (needed for AltiVario.h)
//#include <AltiVario.h>                        // Library for the pressure altimeter (needed for AltiPressUltra.h)
//#include <UltraRF.h>                          // Library for the ultrasonic altimeter (needed for AltiPressUltra.h)
//#include <AltiPressUltra.h>                   // Combined pressure and ultrasonic altitude 
//#include <HallPulseCounter.h>                 // Pulse counter library (needed for PropAnemometer.h)
//#include <PropAnemometer.h>                   // Airspeed derived from propeller speed.
//#include <HotWireAnemometer.h>                // Airspeed derived from propeller speed.
#include <Voltage.h>                          // Battery voltage measurement.

const int rs=8,en=9,d4=10,d5=11,d6=12,d7=13;  // Pin definitions for LCD

LiquidCrystal lcd(rs, en, d4, d5, d6, d7);    // Display
//CompHMC6352 myCompass;                        // Compass
//HallPulseCounter cadence1;                    // Pedal counter
//PropAnemometer propAsi;                       // Propeller driven airspeed indicator
//HotWireAnemometer hwaAsi;                     // Hot wire anemometer airspeed indicator
//AltiPressUltra alti;                          // Altitude derived from combined ultrasonic AND pressure altitude
//UltraRF alti;                          // Altitude derived from ultrasonic only
//Voltage volts1;                               // Supply battery voltage measured on an analogu input pin.

As the code stands, it compiles without error. If I un-comment the line CompHMC6352 myCompass I get the error shown in the previous post. Now here’s the weird bit, if I un-comment that line AND the line Voltage volts1; The the code compiles without problems, so what’s going on?

So far I’m not getting a good feeling about moving to 1.0.1, so, in addition to my previous questions I’d also like to know…

1. is it worth moving to 1.0.1? how are others finding it?
  2. where can I find release notes for 1.0.1? Unlike most other version the don’t seem to be at http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/software
  3. would I be better off upgrading to something higher than 21, but NOT 1.0.1?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks