Upload done but serial monitor is blank

Hi, I am trying to upload a file for the first time to my Arduino Uno. It says the file is uploaded, but the Serial Monitor is blank. I have tried updating the driver. Windows says the best driver is installed. I am not sure what this means "The .inf is in the drivers/ directory of the Arduino software (not in the FTDI USB Drivers sub-directory of it".

The correct port is checked and the device shows up in device monitor. I am using Windows 7. The file is the EPA "PM_Sensor_Kit_Code.ino".

I tried the loopback test and I think I set it up correctly. It did not issue a sound.

I could use some help. I am a science teacher, not a programmer.

Thanks PerriC

If you can upload to the board, the drivers are fine.

It's probably some sort of problem with the code that you didn't post - so we can't really help you unless you post it. We don't have a crystal ball, and we don't know what kit your using or where to get the code you're working with.

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion. Here are my instructions and what I see on the screen. I cannot figure out any other way to see the code. Would I be able to see all of the code if I am uploading the file? If so, there is definitely a problem.

PerriC :slight_smile:

You are correct about the problem being related to the software. I was able to upload and use "blink" on my arduino. I have requested the correct coding from the my resource at the EPA.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully I will be reporting success the next time I post!

PerriC

If the code license permits distribution you can show it here for assistance using code tags.