Upload error

When I try to upload I get an error that reads in red text;

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

I am a novice with arduino but this my second uno: I am using this uno straight out of sealed packaging. Is it faulty or have I forgotten something?

All help appreciated.

Do you have the correct serial port selected? The port assigned to your second Uno?

TimFr:
When I try to upload I get an error that reads in red text;

I am a novice with arduino but this my second uno: I am using this uno straight out of sealed packaging. Is it faulty or have I forgotten something?

All help appreciated.

Check this process and they try to upload.

hi, iam also getting this same error, i have tried all that given in the images, still not working, is anyone there to help me.

my error code

(deleted)

adalarasu:
hi, iam also getting this same error, i have tried all that given in the images, still not working, is anyone there to help me.

my error code

Its bootloader problem only. update the booty loader using avr pocket programmer

hi,
here Iam attaching the first 4 images out of 7 images total. and the remaining 3 images follows. kindly give me a solution
regards,
adalarasu

hi,
I am attaching the remaining 3 images here, kindly help me,
regrads,
adalarasu.

In first image i can see you have not connected avr pocket programmer.

Please refer the avr pocket programmer here, Then upload boot loader as you showing in image

hi amps,
my os is windows xp,
iam unable to understand, whether the avr programmer is a hardware or software,
kindly help me,
regrds,
adalarasu.

It just hardware . It allows you upload bootloader. I shared link where you get kit.
Just Follow steps.

hi,
i tried to connect my arduino to another computer, which is also a compaq laptop.
in that computer its working and iam able to upload my sketch.
question is,

1. why iam unable to upload from my first laptop, as both are having windows xp os.
  2. i didnot need any other additional hardware to upload my sketch when i tried with my second laptop
  3. is there any possiblities of conflict with com ports, because, in my second computer it shows that arduino is connected to com port 12, where as it was com 3 for my first computer.
    iam attaching the images for this discussion,
    kindly help me,
    regrds,
    adalarasu.

From image i can clarify why it doing it.
The version you are using in two computer are totally different
In first pc ur using 1.0.5
and in second 1.5.5

You can copy the 1.5.5 to older PC . Then it must work.This problem i faced first time. Earlier I solved using Pocket programmer.

hi ,
i, tried installing 1.5.5 after uninstalling the earlier version, yet not working with my first computer.
all the settings are similar to my second computer, still its not uploading,

How did you install the v1.5.5 can you put screenshots.

Have you deleted file associated with earlier version