Upload errors

I have had my first Duemilanove for about a week and have uploaded and run several samples programs from my Mac. I just installed the IDE and drivers onto a Windows XP laptop and was unable to upload any programs. I received the following error messages. avrdude:stk500_getsync():not in sysc:resp=0x00 avrdude:stk500_disable():protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51 I now have the Arduino connected to my Mac and am getting the following message: avrdude:stk500_recv():programmer is not responding

I have found several similar posts going back to 2007, but no solutions.

Anyone had similar issues, please help.

Thanks, jimrhon

go back to windows and try pushing reset on the arduino just after you start the download.

Thanks bill2009, but no luck. I am sure the Arduino is communicating as both Tx and Rx LEDs flash when the USB is first plugged in. When I try to upload, only the Rx LED flashes, not a blip from the Tx LED. The strange thing is that now I get errors on the Mac when it was working fine until I tried it on the PC.

Jim

I have installed the IDE and drivers onto a Windows XP laptop and was unable to upload a example program, I received also the same following error messages: avrdude:stk500_getsync():not in sysc:resp=0x00 avrdude:stk500_disable():protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I've tried several times pushing reset button after I start the downlaod unsuccessful. ( 2 to 10 sec) I'm getting the same error when I disconnect the FTDI Basic Breakout - 5V from the board. My Board is Arduni Pro 5v 16MHz.

Can someone help us solve the problem? Willy

I have the same error.

Working with Windows Vista and a Duemilanove 328. I've tried everything on the troubleshooting page, but it just doesn't upload the code.

PLEAASE HELP US...

i have to start a project next week and this error stills haunts me.

Everyone, take a look at my topic about the same problem, which i started today.

Click

I have found a partial solution and it might work for you aswell...

I had exactly the same problem as described above with loading the MIDI sketch to Miduino with 168 EEProm. The Miduino is the clone of Arduino. You have to try it, try it and try it again until succeed it. In my case, it worked when I powered up Miduino first, then connected it to the computer via the TTL cable and USB BUB MINI Board. Now, I can do, erasing and loading as many times as I wish.

I also have a Miduino and I also had upload problems. The solution was on the Miduino homepage, at the FAQ section, Programming errors:

"Sometimes you will need to set a parameter with your serial port to get the serial port to produce the required reset signal. Device Manager -> Com Ports -> USB Serial Port -> Port Settings -> Advanced button -> Set RTS On Close"

It works fine now, thanks Tom!