Upload issue with Arduino Uno - new user

Hello

It's my first time trying to use an Arduino Uno and Windows 7 System. I compiled a simple program and tried to download and received the error "Problem uploading to board. It seems to be a library error. The Arduino if on com 3. The Device Manager sees it and has driver loaded. Troubleshooting tells me I might need to update the driver?

Please enable verbose upload (not compile) and post the full output here.

It is not a library issue - a library issue would result in a problem compiling, not uploading.

my apology, I did not mean libraries, the troubleshooting section suggested a driver problem. I did a simple program that did compile with no errors. I then tried to upload the code and the system stated "Problem uploading to the board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/troubleshooting#upload. The only thing I find here as a possible issue is that I'm on a 64 bit system and the guide suggests the driver may need an update. I asked device manager to check for updates and it says I am current.

DrAzzy:
Please enable verbose upload (not compile) and post the full output here.

Not just the last line, the full output. You can click the button when there's an error to copy the output to the clipboard for you.

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See Arduino Help Center for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

You need to select the port of your Uno from the Tools > Port menu in the Arduino IDE.

You said the Arduino is on COM3. It says it's looking for it on COM1. Tools/Port will let you select the correct COM port.

Steve

that was easy, but I wouldn't have go it without the help....thanks