Upload sketch through serial port with Ariadne bootloader

Hi guys,

I've uploaded the Ariadne bootloader on an Arduino UNO compatible board using another UNO as ISP (I've followed this instructions). Apparently everything has gone well but when I try to upload a sketch on the Arduino UNO with Ariadne It's displayed the "programmer is not responding" error. The Ariadne bootloader can be used to upload sketches with the USB cable, right? I was wondering if I have to select a different board than "Arduino UNO" as I do normally, should I select the "Arduino UNO" choice under the sub-menu "Ariadne Bootloader" of Tools>Board? Tips are welcome. Thanks.

Regards Marco

Did you follow the instructions to manually press the RESET button on the UNO when programming over USB?

david_2018: Did you follow the instructions to manually press the RESET button on the UNO when programming over USB?

it doesn't turn off autoreset of Uno

you must select a board from the Ariadne boards package to have the right upload settings for USB

Hi guys,

thanks for the answers. I solved proceeding by attempts and, for others that will encounter this problem as me, to upload a sketch on an Arduino with the Ariadne bootloader from my tests seems it's necessary: - select the proper Arduino board under the sub-menu of Ariadne in Tools>Board - mount the ethernet shield on Arduino otherwise will be returned the "programmer is not responding" error uploading the sketch. Yes, it could be appear obvious that the ethernet shield should be mounted on the Arduino since once selected the board under the Ariadne sub-menu it's required to specify also which ethernet shield is used (depending on which Wiznet chip it mounts).... I thought that I could load the sketch on the Arduino throught the serial port and then mount the ethernet shield. Anyway, the important is that I've solved and I hope that this message could help someone else in the future.

Thanks again.

Best regards Marco