Upload successful, but no activity on the board.

Hi,

Let me start by saying I've tried troubleshooting, and that I'm completly new to Arduino.

It seems I have the problem:

"Why does my sketch appear to upload successfully but not do anything?"

I have made a simple program that should turn on the light for 1 sec, then off for 1 sec in a loop. As simple as it gets. Uploads fine, then nothing starts.

Troubleshooting says to go to tools - microcontroller menu. This menu doesn't exist for me.
secondly it says program can be too big, doubt mine is... 5 lines of code...
Thirdly I'm using a common usb from the board to the computer.

I've been searching for an answer, but can't seem to find out what I can do to fix this. My board is a genuino uno.

Hopefully anyone can help out this lost beginner :stuck_out_tongue:

perkko:
Hi,

Let me start by saying I've tried troubleshooting, and that I'm completly new to Arduino.

It seems I have the problem:

"Why does my sketch appear to upload successfully but not do anything?"

I have made a simple program that should turn on the light for 1 sec, then off for 1 sec in a loop. As simple as it gets. Uploads fine, then nothing starts.

Troubleshooting says to go to tools - microcontroller menu. This menu doesn't exist for me.
Thirdly I'm using a common usb from the board to the computer.

I've been searching for an answer, but can't seem to find out what I can do to fix this. My board is a genuino uno.

Hopefully anyone can help out this lost beginner :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the IDE display "Done uploading" after you upload?

You need to show us your code. Please post it between [code]code tags[/code], not inline.

Are you using the onboard LED connected to pin 13, or an external one?

Which troubleshooting? What else does it say? Might very well apply to a completely different program or there is a mistake on the page; please provide link. To help you a little further there, which IDE (including version number) do you use? In the arduino.cc IDE, there is an option tools->board; maybe that is what it was supposed to say?

Please provide exact error; one of those five lines can be something like char chararray[1500] in which case there is a good chance that the compiler indeed complains. So please show your code.