Upload Suddenly Fails on One PC...

I use a batch script to run Bossac to upload new firmware on one of my systems. After uploading many, many hundreds of times over the last year plus, today the upload starting failing, always at 48%. My first thought was "OK, the board is dying", so I replaced it. Same problem. Take both boards to another PC, and they both upload just fine. Take my laptop out to the system in question, and it uploads to both boards just fine. WTF??

All the PCs in question are using the same batch file, and the same version of bossac, the same cable, and loading (or attempting to load) the same BIN file.

Any ideas what could possibly be going on here??

Regards,
Ray L.

Same OS, same version of IDE?

I have an issue with programming over the Native port if I am using a USB3 port, regularly fails and hangs in Bossac mode, switch to USB2 port and programing over Native port is always successful, try a different USB port.

Regards,

Graham

ghlawrence2000:
Same OS, same version of IDE?

I have an issue with programming over the Native port if I am using a USB3 port, regularly fails and hangs in Bossac mode, switch to USB2 port and programing over Native port is always successful, try a different USB port.

Regards,

Graham

Yes, both running Win10 64-bit, Arduino v1.6.5 (though only using bossac.exe on the problem machine - the IDE is installed, but I never use it. Odd thing is, after working perfectly for more than a year, yesterday it refused to upload. After 3-4 tries, it finally worked, but has not worked again since, on that machine. Works first time, every time using my laptop.

I will try the Native port, but, per my other thread a while back, I've had very little luck getting the Native port upload to work on any PC...

Regards,
Ray L.

I would recommend selectively trying various USB ports as your first port of call.

Regards,

Graham

ghlawrence2000:
I would recommend selectively trying various USB ports as your first port of call.

Regards,

Graham

I will give that a try, but it’s been connected to the same USB port forever…

Regards,
Ray L.

Very odd.... Went out this morning, and it worked a few times. Went away and came back, and could not upload at all. Swapped the USB cable to a different connector on the MB, and now it seems to be working again. But for how long....

Regards,
Ray L.

There is no accounting for why these things happen, but the other approach is uninstall the driver while the Arduino is connected..... unplug the Arduino, plug it in again and let it reinstall the driver, that works too I find. You got to love Windows :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully it will continue to work for you.

Regards,

Graham