Upload to ATtiny85 with micronucleus using IDE? [SOLVED]

The solution was to select Digispark (Default 16.5 MHz) as the board instead of ATtiny25/45/85.

I got a couple of cheap ATtiny85 boards with USB and loaded the micronucleus bootloader using the following great tutorial: http://dumbpcs.blogspot.com/2015/11/flashing-your-attiny85-with.html

I can upload programs to the ATtiny85 using Arduino as ISP, but I'd like to upload directly via USB.

I can confirm that the bootloader is working by running micronucleus -help which gives me:

D:\Development\micronucleus-master\commandline\builds\Windows>micronucleus -help
> Please plug in the device ...
> Press CTRL+C to terminate the program.
> Device is found!
connecting: 20% complete
connecting: 27% complete
connecting: 34% complete
connecting: 40% complete
> Device has firmware version 2.3
> Device signature: 0x1e930b
> Available space for user applications: 6522 bytes
> Suggested sleep time between sending pages: 7ms
> Whole page count: 102  page size: 64
> Erase function sleep duration: 714ms
> Error opening -help: No such file or directory
> Error loading or parsing hex file.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to upload with the IDE. I've installed ATTinyCore 1.1.2 and I'm selecting ATtiny25/45/85 as my board and micronucleus as my programmer.

No matter what I do with the settings, I get an error:

Error while uploading: missing 'program.params.verbose' configuration parameter

Any suggestions?

P.S. I know the bootloader uses 25% of my memory, and I know there may be better ways to do this, but for now I'm going for simple.

Please post the full output, the part that's shown before that error. Use the button to copy the full contents of the output window.

The solution was to select Digispark (Default 16.5 MHz) as the board instead of ATtiny25/45/85.

In my opinion, the Adafruit Trinket firmware is a bit more stable. Chachka: Trinket clone

But, the DigiSpark will give you 3 PWM and the Adafruit implementation is only 2 PWM; but the Trinket keeps the Reset functionality and DigiSpark does not.

Ray