uploading: code fails to verify (on home PC only)

The very same Aruino upload code perfectly in the lab but not at home.

On the home PC, uploading blink, I get avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x000c 0x0c != 0x69 In the lab it is OK.

Lab PC - Win 7 running as administrator Home PC - Win XP SP3 using non admin account, baud rate changed to 57600 from the 9600 the drivers installed at....

Board Arduino Duemillanove. No extra wiring on main board. Tested without proto shield (even though it works fine with it in the lab.

verbose output @ home - avrdude command is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Omar\My Documents\My Received Files\arduino-0018\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Documents and Settings\Omar\My Documents\My Received Files\arduino-0018\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P\.\COM9 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\DOCUME~1\Omar\LOCALS~1\Temp\build5815361073039737073.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

Any ideas? Or should I shift everything to my admin account?

Nope - just checked - moved to the admin account and nothing helps :(

It would appear that the correct board and com port are selected on the lab computer but not on your home computer. Have you checked these?

The com port is OK (Com9)

As for the speed, I have tried having the drivers set to 9600 and 57600 and it still doesn't work.

Is it an idea to force everything to 9600 in the driver AND prefences file?

Since I won't hit the lab PC till tomorrow. Any ideas what the correct baud rate for the driver settings is?

Dave.

Any ideas what the correct baud rate for the driver settings is?

It makes no difference. The value isn’t used.

The baud rate used is…

C:\Documents and Settings\Omar\My Documents\My Received Files\arduino-0018\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Documents and Settings\Omar\My Documents\My Received Files\arduino-0018\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P\.\COM9 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\DOCUME~1\Omar\LOCALS~1\Temp\build5815361073039737073.tmp\Blink.cpp.
hex:i

Try a different USB cable.

I use the same cable on both machines :(

Never mind. Since I have elbowed the kids off the other computer and it works well there I will leave it for a while.

Settings seem to be the same though.

If it works on one home computer, and not on another, with the same cable and same Arduino, then it must be a driver issue on the computer that fails. Presuming, of course, that the same board is selected on each computer, and that the correct port is selected on each (which may not be the same port on each computer).

In any case, Arduino comes before kids, no matter what they say.