uploading code on keypad lesson 11

I am new using arduino, having troubles uploading code on lesson 11 keypad. any suggestion appreciated. thanks. " if it helps this kit was bought through "ELEGOO"

When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

Does not help at all.

Post your code.
Post the entire text of the error message(s).

Please read the "how to use this forum-please read" stickies. See #7 & 11.

here is the code and error below:

//www.elegoo.com
//2016.12.9

/* @file CustomKeypad.pde
|| @version 1.0
|| @author Alexander Brevig
|| @contact alexanderbrevig@gmail.com
||
|| @description
|| | Demonstrates changing the keypad size and key values.
|| #
/
#include <Keypad.h>
int led = 13;
const byte ROWS = 4; //four rows
const byte COLS = 4; //four columns
//define the cymbols on the buttons of the keypads
char hexaKeys[ROWS][COLS] = {
{‘1’,‘2’,‘3’,‘A’},
{‘4’,‘5’,‘6’,‘B’},
{‘7’,‘8’,‘9’,‘C’},
{’
’,‘0’,’#’,‘D’}
};
byte rowPins[ROWS] = {9, 8, 7, 6}; //connect to the row pinouts of the keypad
byte colPins[COLS] = {5, 4, 3, 2}; //connect to the column pinouts of the keypad

//initialize an instance of class NewKeypad
Keypad customKeypad = Keypad( makeKeymap(hexaKeys), rowPins, colPins, ROWS, COLS);

void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
char customKey = customKeypad.getKey();

if (customKey){
Serial.println(customKey);
}

C:\Users\Cheeto\Desktop\Elegoo The Most Complete Starter Kit for MEGA V1.0.17.07.10\English\code\Lesson 11 Membrane Switch Module\custom_keypad\custom_keypad.ino:13:20: fatal error: Keypad.h: No such file or directory

#include <Keypad.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

You forgot the code tags.

From the instructions for lesson 11, found in the Most Complete Starter Kit PDF manual:

Before you can run this, make sure you have installed the library or re-install it if necessary. Otherwise your code won’t work. For details about loading the library file, see Lesson 1.

Lesson 1 contains very complete instructions for installing the library.

lischiluarduino1:

C:\Users\Cheeto\Desktop\Elegoo The Most Complete Starter Kit for MEGA V1.0.17.07.10\English\code\Lesson 11 Membrane Switch Module\custom_keypad\custom_keypad.ino:13:20: fatal error: Keypad.h: No such file or directory

#include <Keypad.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This error means you didn’t install the Keypad library.

I went through the steps several times, i will do it again, at one time there were updates I think I will try again. Thanks

OK, if the error still occurs after doing that come back with some specific details of what you tried and I’m sure we’ll be able to help.

OK, I included the library, and it compiled with no error, by checking it, but then when I uploaded it gave me the error listed:

After I added the library, it checked/ compiled with no error first two lines below: After I uploaded then the error showed see lines 3 down to end ****NOR ERROR HERE ****

1---Sketch uses 3684 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
2---Global variables use 333 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7859 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

******* ERRORS***** **ERROR
3---avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.
4---avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

5---avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
the selected serial port
does not exist or your board is not connected
avrdude: stk500_send(): failed to send command to serial port
avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The handle is invalid.

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

You still forgot the code tags. Please respect the rules of this forum. It’s really not that difficult.

Select the port of your Arduino from the Tools > Port menu. If that menu is grayed out or the port of your Arduino board is not shown then one of the following may be the cause:

• You may need to install the driver for the USB-serial chip on your Arduino. Determine which chip is used on your Arduino and install the driver.
  • You may be using a charge-only or defective USB cable. Test your cable on another device to confirm that it works for data.
  • Using a USB 3.0 port on your computer may cause problems. Try a USB 2.0 port or use a USB 2.0 hub plugged into your USB 3.0 port.

i solved it, plugged in to another usb slot

(deleted)

lischiluarduino1:
I am new using arduino, having troubles uploading code on lesson 11 keypad. any suggestion appreciated. thanks. " if it helps this kit was bought through “ELEGOO”

I am too. Also using elegoo. it comes up something to do with keypad .h doesn’t exist. it happened on lesson 10 too. Me and my dad dont know what it means.

(deleted)

I don't see anything in the "CustomKeypad.pde" code posted previously in this thread that won't work on the Uno.

@ferniedoo, did you follow the instructions in lesson 1 for installing the Keypad library?