Uploading error: Error:avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\\.\COM3"

Hello, I am very new to programming and I bought a tank kit and I haven’t been going well. Whenever I upload anything it will spit of the same message(. I am doing the simplest codes ever as I am just trying to control a servo motor that’s connected to a powered module controller. I cannot upload my programs ever since I reived my Arduino. I’ve tried resetting my Arduino. I have an expansion board on top of my Arduino UNO. (You can look at my setup in the setup attachment) I am on Windows 10 64 bit.
What I have done:

1. I have checked that my connections are correct. Evidence 1
  2. I have checked my physical connections(everything is connected.
  3. I’ve checked my drivers by checking my computer was connected to the Arduino.
    What I believe the problem is:
    I’m not sure if it is the bootloader or not. I don’t have a bootloader I thought I could just flash it onto y Arduino and it would be fine. The error message is :

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows Store 1.8.33.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Sketch uses 6406 bytes (19%) of program storage space. The maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 231 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1817 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\danth\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_353848/tank_robot_lesson4.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf”

Using Port: COM3
Using Programmer: arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t set com-state for “\.\COM3”

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Or you can look at the ERROR.png
I have looked everywhere for an answer but the answers confuse me or it has little to do with my setup.

I would highly like an answer to these questions.

1. How to check if I need or have a bootloader?
  2. Why can I not upload my programs?

Setup;
Arduino 1.8.12
Code: (Code.png)
Error:avrdude: ser_open(): can’t set com-state for “\.\COM3”
Config with expansion and module
ps. The Sport is connected to d11 hence setting the servo pin to 11.

You seem to have jumped in at the deep end.

First remove anything connected to the board and just try to upload the blink example from the IDE.
That would rule out anything else connected to the board.

The windows store version has caused some issues for people so another option would be to install the proper IDE.

Next would be to turn off any additional computer security / antivirus to test an upload as that too has caused people some problems.