Uploading forever - is my Arduino broken?

Hello,

at some point, I don't quite know when it started, my Arduino Uno began acting weird. When I upload code to it, it seems to take forever. When I unplug it, the upload cancels. Is it broke? Or is it bricked? What should I do to find out?

Thanks!

Do you have another computer to try it on?

Currently, no, but my Arduino Mega works just fine on the same computer.

DevilsChild: Currently, no, but my Arduino Mega works just fine on the same computer.

Usually "broken" Arduinos show an error message rather then just hanging. Are you certain the serial port and board selection is correct?

The "TX" LED (red) stays on and the IDE sais "Uploading..."

When I unplug the Arduino, the IDE sais

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Have you tried uploading the blink example? Otherwise, it would help if you posted the code in question.

I tired it with the BareMinimum example to make sure no bad code is at fault. Also there was nothing attached to the Arduino.

CAn you try the loop-back test? There should be a sticky on it at the top of the forum.

Okay, I did the test and when I send data via the serial monitor, the red RX-LED flashes and no data is sent back. What does that mean?

DevilsChild: Okay, I did the test and when I send data via the serial monitor, the red RX-LED flashes and no data is sent back. What does that mean?

If you are certain that you have the loopback setup correctly and have the processor in reset, then either the computer is misconfigured or the Arduino is broken.

Okay, thanks. I think I'll try to return it and get a new one.