uploading gives message: avrdude: ser_send(): write error:

Using the arduino IDE I in inadvertently did: Tools->Burn Bootloader ->w/Arduino as ISP...... Since I didn't know what was happening, I closed the IDE, then restarted it, and attempted to compile and upload my program. When I do this, I get:

Binary sketch size: 1968 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

Re-installing the correct USB driver, and power cycling the Uno still results in the above message. My guess is that I corrupted the boot loader. Not sure what to do to fix this....Any guidance is appreciated....

TYVM! -J

three_jeeps: Using the arduino IDE I in inadvertently did: Tools->Burn Bootloader ->w/Arduino as ISP...... Since I didn't know what was happening, I closed the IDE, then restarted it, and attempted to compile and upload my program. When I do this, I get:

Binary sketch size: 1968 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

Re-installing the correct USB driver, and power cycling the Uno still results in the above message. My guess is that I corrupted the boot loader. Not sure what to do to fix this....Any guidance is appreciated....

So it was not related to the bootloader at all....I had the arduino board plugged into the USB connection on my monitor - which is connected to the back of my PC (Dell Optiplex 960). When I connected the USB cable to the USB ports on the front of the PC, all worked fine.....

I haven't had time to figure out why this happens, just made the problem go away by changing USB connections..

Thanks,
i had similar problem, which got solved by trying different usb port!

After a quick check, i verified a not well plugged connector for usb ports on MotherBoard !! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

the funny thing was that other boards were working just fine, and only this one board was problematic.

Thanks again!

Connecting the USB cable to the spigot on the front of the desktop (Dell GX260) instead of either of the two extension USB spigots on the Del monitor solved this same problem for me...