Uploading not working

Hi all,

I am new to Arduino projects and made a mistake developing code :confused: .
In hurry used digital pin 1 for my project and is now set HIGH. After uploading this sketch communication is not working any more.

Is there a way to kill the sketch what is saved in the Uno's memory and get uploading working again?

I found on the web ways to re-program the bootloader (and kill the sketch in the process) but I do not have a second Arduino to do that.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

Close all IDE windows. Open a new IDE and try to upload the LED blinking program from the IDE example or any other sketch..

If you have still problem, reboot the PC; open an IDE window; upload the above-mentioned program. The problem should disappear.

entge001:
I found on the web ways to re-program the bootloader (and kill the sketch in the process)...

Surely not. The bootloader should persist there and after Arduino reset should listen to take a new sketch as need.

Standard bootloader notify you about its presence by flickering of L LED immediately after reset.

The problem might be that you have connected something to pin 1; disconnect that.