uploading problem

hello everyone :slight_smile:
i’m trying to upload my sketch to the arduino UNO but i can’t :confused: i get this error :

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xca
Problème de téléversement vers la carte. Voir http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload pour suggestions.

I’m sure of the serial port, I even installed the IDE and reinstalled it but still the same problem.Can anyone help me please :smiley:

Ps I changed the the programmer to AVRISP mkl

Do you have a AVRISP MKI? I took a quick look at Arduino's "help" pages on "getting started" it looks like they've deleted useful information in an effort to steer everyone to use their online editor. What programmer are you using to upload your sketch to your UNO? I am assuming you are using the most basic and official UNO?

I think you want to use Arduino ISP as your programmer if you are going with the basic and official UNO.

In fact, after some research on the internet, I found solutions such as the uninstallation and reinstallation of the IDE ... and also the change of the programmer , so I just tried but it doesn't work too

shiraz2:
In fact, after some research on the internet, I found solutions such as the uninstallation and reinstallation of the IDE ... and also the change of the programmer , so I just tried but it doesn't work too

If you would prefer, there is a part of the forum in Francais.

Is there a link in French where this problem is solved?

shiraz2:
Is there a link in French where this problem is solved?

I gathered from the error that your system language is French. I meant no offence to offer an area of the forum set aside for users of that language. I do not speak French and do not know if the answer is there or not. I asked about your setup, and my questions were not answered. If you could explain a little more about your setup, which version of the IDE, which operating system, the programmer you wish to use, the board you wish to target etc.

If you are using an Uno clone, you might need to install the CH340 driver found here. You may also find that some clones use an older bootloader. See if this menu sequence gives you an option to use an old bootloader:

Tools --> Bootloader

and then select Old bootloader if it is a choice.

@Parehama I think it's my fault,I didn't get your answer well .In fact ,I am using Arduino IDE version is 1.8.9 on wiindows 10 , i'm going to test the dfr0314 (Barocode reader with RS232 interface ) using the arduino UNO ,as i need the TX and RX pins , i'm not sure of the programmer i use wich is now AVR ISP.

@enconjack when i go to Tools i just found "burn Bootloader" .!!

shiraz2:
I am using Arduino IDE version is 1.8.9 on wiindows 10 , i'm going to test the dfr0314 (Barocode reader with RS232 interface ) using the arduino UNO ,as i need the TX and RX pins , i'm not sure of the programmer i use wich is now AVR ISP.

I am using 1.8.9 on Windows 10 with an Arduino Uno. Under tools, for my board, I have selected "Arduino/Genuino UNO" and under Programmer, I have selected "ArduinoISP". This works for me.

I tried that also but it doesn’t work for me :confused: .Any other solution!!

shiraz2:
@enconjack when i go to Tools i just found "burn Bootloader" .!!

That will happen if the board is a "genuine" Arduino or if the clone is using the latest bootloader. Did you try installing the CH340 driver?

it is already installed, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same problem :astonished: :fearful:

Perehama:
I think you want to use Arduino ISP as your programmer if you are going with the basic and official UNO.

The Tools > Programmer menu selection only matters during Tools > Burn Bootloader and Sketch > Upload Using Programmer. shiraz2 is doing neither of those things so it makes absolutely no difference what Tools > Programmer is set to.

econjack:
See if this menu sequence gives you an option to use an old bootloader:

Tools --> Bootloader

and then select Old bootloader if it is a choice.

You're thinking of Tools > Processor, and that's only for the Arduino Nano. The Uno has always used the optiboot bootloader and has only one processor type so there is no Tools > Processor menu for the Uno and even if there were, wouldn't have an "Old Bootloader" option.

shiraz2:
Any other solution!!

Remove any connections to pins 0 and 1. These pins are used for communication with your computer, including uploads. Connecting anything to these pins can interfere with uploads.

Make sure you have the correct board selected from the Tools > Board menu.

pert:
The Tools > Programmer menu selection only matters during Tools > Burn Bootloader and Sketch > Upload Using Programmer. shiraz2 is doing neither of those things so it makes absolutely no difference what Tools > Programmer is set to.

@ Pert
Do you have a reference to a much more adequate tutorial on the IDE basics? In trying to help, I went to the "Getting Started" pages and sadly, the information that used to be there, that helped me get started, has all been replaced with propaganda for the web IDE and cloud service.

One tricky thing I've noticed about the Getting Started home page is that for some reason the "Learn Arduino" section of that page is tied to the length of the list of links to the Getting Started pages for specific boards/shields. So as Arduino creates more products and that list gets longer, the "Learn Arduino" section gets pushed farther and farther down the page. So there is this huge gap of empty space between the end of the "Install the Arduino Desktop IDE" section and the start of the "Learn Arduino" section. I think a lot of people will see that gap and assume there is no more content on the page other than the continuation of the list of getting started pages for retired boards. Thus, they won't bother to scroll down and find that there is some really useful content far down at the bottom of the page. It's quite unfortunate that the page is formatted this way. I'm certain there is no reason it couldn't easily be fixed to remove the gap.

when I remove the connections of pins 0 and 1, should I use the SoftwareSerial object to communicate the module with the arduino?? the module has 4-pins :Vcc linked to 5V, a gnd linked to the arduino's gnd and Rx and Tx