Uploading problem

I am using a key studio nanochip for a project. I have already installed the CH430 drivers. However, when I try to upload some code I get this error:

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: error at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf:1133: programmer type jtagice3_updi not found
avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

I have been trying to look all over online but have found nothing to resolve this issue, any help would be great!

Thanks,
Zach Loso

Never heard of a key studio nanochip (Even their site does not have this board) - and I cant even find a CH430 driver. So your supplied details are wrong.

Are you choosing upload or upload using programmer?

What version of the IDE are you using?

zachloso:
CH430

Did you mean CH340 ?

The OP has made 2 errors (Both of which I know) - but I'm trying to show that correct details are EVERYTHING when asking for help.

Got it. I'll remove my message (and this one) later.

No, leave them, just to show OP that we do help. :slight_smile:

I am sorry, I am using the CH340 driver. It was a typo error. I am trying to upload a program to the board to do a task, however, I can not upload due to that error message given. I am using the latest Arduino which is 1.8.13.

The keystudio chip that I am using came in a kit I got recently.
Here is a link to that website : Keyestudio CH340 Nano 3.0 Controller Board + USB cable For Arduino DIY Programing

Thanks a lot for your help!

Zach

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: error at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf:1133: programmer type jtagice3_updi not found
avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

I suspect that the highlighted is the cause of your problem but might be totally wrong
1)
Did you install additional boards? To my knowledge updi is for one (some) of the newer model Nanos
2)
Did you select the correct board (Nano) in tools -> processor; have you tried the "old bootloader" option under tools -> processor (it will show after selecting the correct board)?