Uploading problems

Hi,

I have an error with the uploading process..

I know a lot of people had this one before me but I can't find any solution .. My driver looks updated, I have the right 'Board type' and 'Serial Port', but I still have this error :

avrdude: skt500_recv(): programmer is not responding

and

avrdude: skt500_getsync() attempt X of 10: not in sync: resp=0xXX

I'm trying to upload an exemple, on a Genuino Uno (Windows 10)
Any help will be appriciate

(deleted)

When you press reset, does the led give three fast blinks? Does it do so when you try to upload? What numbers are shown? What ide version?

spycatcher2k:
What IDE? I use 1.6.5 or 1.6.9 as those in-between and newer are buggy.

IDE 1.6.12, and I tried 1.6.11 too ..

DrAzzy:
When you press reset, does the led give three fast blinks? Does it do so when you try to upload? What numbers are shown? What ide version?

No, When powered, L is slowly blinking. When I hold reset, L is ON ..
When I upload, Rx is randomly and rarely ON for very short time

What is the programmer I have to use ? I don't know anything about that ..

(deleted)

Tools → programmer is only used for “burn bootloader” and “upload using programmer” - for normal uploads, it’s ignored. (and when you get to the point of doing stuff like that, you’ll know what to choose)

spycatcher2k:
You don’t - Download 1.6.5 or 1.6.9 and see if they work.

Error message with 1.6.9 : Arduino : 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Carte : “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

avrdude: can’t open config file “C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.0.1-arduino5/etc/avrdude.conf”: No such file or directory
avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file “C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.0.1-arduino5/etc/avrdude.conf”
avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file “C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.0.1-arduino5/etc/avrdude.conf”

1.6.5 gave me the same error as 1.6.12/11

You're still using 1.6.10 of the IDE it looks like.

You want v1.6.9 of the IDE and v 1.6.11 of boards.

If you're still getting that error with 1.6.9 of IDE and 1.6.11 boards, uninstall IDE, delete C:/users/(your username)/AppData (hidden folder)/Local/Arduino15 and reinstall v 1.6.9 of the IDE and don't upgrade boards.

DrAzzy:
You're still using 1.6.10 of the IDE it looks like.

You want v1.6.9 of the IDE and v 1.6.11 of boards.

If you're still getting that error with 1.6.9 of IDE and 1.6.11 boards, uninstall IDE, delete C:/users/(your username)/AppData (hidden folder)/Local/Arduino15 and reinstall v 1.6.9 of the IDE and don't upgrade boards.

Oh sorry ..

I tried with IDE 1.6.9 and 1.6.11 boards
Same error

And same error when I delete the file and reinstall the IDE ..

I don't understand why the L led is blinking when powered, without beeing programmed ..

It still doesn't work .. Is there a possibility to know if my arduino is defective ? Thanks

Oh! It’s a leonardo - I assumed it was an Uno for some reason.

The blink you see is probably correct then - the bootloader blinks the LED. (The triple blink I referred to is used on the Uno, which I for some reason thought you had).

Wait, wait - this doesn’t make sense… how do you get an out of sync error when uploading to a leo? Do you have the right board selected?

No, you were right, it's a Genuino Uno ..

When powered : ON LED is glowing and L LED blink
If a press on the reset button : It reset the L LED blinking process
If I hold reset, the L LED glow.

And when I'm uploading a programm, I have a weird blinking of the RX LED and the L LED is still blinking..

How fast does it blink when you release the reset button? Do you get fast blinks in groups of three, or a slower steady blink?

If no fast blinks after releasing reset, the bootloader on the chip would appear to be not present, or the wrong one. If you have an ISP programmer or a working Arduino, you can burn the bootloader to it over ISP (lots of information on how to do this is available online) which will probably revive it.