Uploading Program Problem

Hi,

I just got an Arduino Duemilanove board, I’ve bee trying to make it work but I just can’t.

What happens is that When I hit the “Upload to I/O board” button, it just says in the status bar “Uploading the program” but nothing else happens. I already readed the FAQ about this but nothing seems to workm I checked the bootloader and it’s burned in the chip.

One strange thing that I see is that when I’m uploading the program, just the TX led is blinking, correct me if I’m wrong but, shouldn’t be both RX and TX blinking?

Please let me know about any idea or help that comes up
Joe :slight_smile:

I too am having a similar problem with the Arduino Duemilanive I received today. I was expecting it to come with a 16 chip however I got the 32 instead. The boot loader appears to be loaded but I get:

Binary sketch size: 1374 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xc8 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x20

Make sure that you have the right Serial Port selected.

@Auger Duval

You have the wrong board selected in the Tools -> Board drop-down

Select the "Arduino with AtMega328" option. Also upgrade to version 0014 of the IDE - the board options are clearer.

@jolua_joe

You probably have the smae problem, but you didn't post what chip you have. Check to see if the CHIP matches what you have chosen in the Tools -> Board drop down, not just the name of the board.