Uploading Progress Bar does not LF any more !

Hi everyone,

My uploading progress bar (those little dots appearing in the IDE compilation window) does not CR/LF any more, whereas it used to until yesterday !!!

Before yesterday, this progress indicator would not excess the IDE window boundary and keeps the user (me !) informed of the actual uploading process as in here :

....................................... (34%)
.........................................(68%)
..................................... (100%)

But now, it extends forever to the right without current % progress indication as in here :
....... .................. ................... ....... .................. ................... ....... .................. ................... ....... .................. ................... ....... .................. ...

I have to make clear that the uploading process finally ends up quite right, but it's just ANNOYING not to know what's going on anymore ...

Any hint ?

Are you using an ESP8266 board?

ym58:
it used to until yesterday !!!

What changed that could have caused this?

Did you update your Arduino IDE version?

Did you update your esp8266 core version?

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Which version of the esp8266 core are you using?

Which board are you using?

Are you using an ESP8266 board?

Yes, from the beggining (I mostly work on those ... rarely on an Arduino board)

What changed that could have caused this?

No idea !
At one time (yesterday) I changed from ESP&éE to ESP8266 generic back and forth, but that's all I did.

Did you update your Arduino IDE version?

Nope

Did you update your esp8266 core version?

Do you mean I REflashed it ?
Yes, many times (as usual).
I have done that numerous times in the past without any interference on the IDE platform.

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Which version of the esp8266 core are you using?

See above.

Which board are you using?

ESP12E

ym58:
Do you mean I REflashed it ?
Yes, many times (as usual).
I have done that numerous times in the past without any interference on the IDE platform.

No, I mean the esp8266 core, which is installed and updated via Tools > Board > Boards Manager or the updatable boards notification.

ym58:
ESP12E

I mean which selection from the Tools > Board menu.

pert:
No, I mean the esp8266 core, which is installed and updated via Tools > Board > Boards Manager or the updatable boards notification.

Vers 2.2.0

pert:
I mean which selection from the Tools > Board menu.

NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module)

ym58:
Vers 2.2.0

Unless you have good reason not to, try updating to esp8266 core version 2.3.0. 2.2.0 is pretty outdated so even if it doesn't fix your problem it's probably a good idea anyway. I just did an upload with esp8266 2.3.0, Arduino IDE 1.6.12, NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module) and the upload progress indicator worked correctly for me.

pert:
Unless you have good reason not to, try updating to esp8266 core version 2.3.0. 2.2.0 is pretty outdated so even if it doesn't fix your problem it's probably a good idea anyway. I just did an upload with esp8266 2.3.0, Arduino IDE 1.6.12, NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module) and the upload progress indicator worked correctly for me.

Thanks.

Not home for the moment, out in the wild :wink: with an ESP and my laptop only (on which this symptom does NOT occur although it has the same setup as my home PC ... see below !!!)

When I am back home in a week, I will try to update my home PC with the latest ESP8266 core and let you know !

Here's my laptop's IDE compilation window :

pert:
Unless you have good reason not to, try updating to esp8266 core version 2.3.0. 2.2.0 is pretty outdated so even if it doesn’t fix your problem it’s probably a good idea anyway. I just did an upload with esp8266 2.3.0, Arduino IDE 1.6.12, NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module) and the upload progress indicator worked correctly for me.