Uploading Sketch Error

I am attempting to upload a very simple sketch to control a IR remote and I keep getting the same error. I am not able to determine the problem. Yes I am new to Arduino and have looked else where for a solution.

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Uno" Using library Robot IR Remote in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src C:\Users\Benetti\AppData\Local\Temp\build4247828401760993228.tmp\IRrecvDemo.cpp -o C:\Users\Benetti\AppData\Local\Temp\build4247828401760993228.tmp\IRrecvDemo.cpp.o C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremote.cpp -o C:\Users\Benetti\AppData\Local\Temp\build4247828401760993228.tmp\Robot IR Remote\IRremote.cpp.o C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp -o C:\Users\Benetti\AppData\Local\Temp\build4247828401760993228.tmp\Robot IR Remote\IRremoteTools.cpp.o C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to ^ Multiple libraries were found for "IRremote.h" Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\InfraredReceiver Error compiling.

The interesting part is no where can I find a reference to the directory .......RobotIRremote except in the error message. I do reference .......InfraredReceiver directory though.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. FYI I am using an Arduino Uno R3

Randy

And where is you're code for you're sketch?

Hi,

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags?
They are made with the </> icon in the reply Menu.
See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Also what model arduino are you using and what version IDE?

Tom… :slight_smile: