Uploading to board issue

Hi All,

I'm using the arduino ide on Mac os with arduino nano.
My code is fine and was uploading fine on my boards a while back, but now when i upload i get an error that the port is busy.
I've tried deleting and re-installing the ide aswell as downloading the CH34x package which i have seen suggested on other threads.

I have noticed that the arduino is producing to ports for the board
/dev/cu.usbserial-1410
/dev/cu.wchusbserial1410
which has not happened before and may be the cause of the issue.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This is the error message

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

Sketch uses 8022 bytes (26%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 563 bytes (27%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1485 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
/Users/administrator/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude -C/Users/administrator/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbserial-1410 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/rx/cq7f9f496g79r86w4105s4nw0000gn/T/arduino_build_760812/IP_TEST_FINAL_BL.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Users/administrator/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/administrator/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbserial-1410
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/cu.usbserial-1410": Resource busy

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Resource busy means that another application is using that port.

I'm not a Mac user; what happens in the IDE when you connect/disconnect the Arduino? The port that appears/disappears is the Arduino.

If there is no change when connecting/disconnecting, check what the equivalent(s) of Windows Device Manager say when connecting/disconnecting (possibly dmesg and lsusb commands).

No other application is using the port, i have checked that.
When i connect/disconnect the two ports mentioned appear/disappear