uploading troubleshootings on Mac OS 10.4.11

Arduino 1 Mac OS 10.4.11

when I try to upload the message is this:

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function main': /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/main.cpp:7: undefined reference tosetup' /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/main.cpp:10: undefined reference to `loop'

Please, anyone has had the same problem? thanks a lot marco

Sounds like you haven't written a setup() or a loop() function in your sketch - both are required.

thanks a lot, i'll check it mar

Hi and sorry for this stupid question.

when i upload an example, “blink” in this case, the response
i have is this:

Binary sketch size: 1018 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

i have installed and uninstalled and again the drivers, but nothing happens. the card is seen from IDE.
i run IDE on mac os x 10.4.11 (PPC)
thanks in advance for your time
marco

hi all, i'm still havin' the same problem:

Binary sketch size: 1252 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x86 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

i've checked the network system panel, ok; the port, ok; the selection of the board, ok; the drivers (also if with arduino uno you don't need these); the string in serial monitor recognize the board (also if only at the proper speed of the internal modem: internal 56k)....

any ideas? could be that UNO works just with new OSX, let's say 10.5 or later? anybody are using a UNO board with an OSX older than 10.5?? thanx m.