Uploding images to TFT flash (solved)

I'm trying to upload images to the flash on a 4" TFT display http://www.ebay.com/itm/111146197614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 but It does not seems to work.

Has anybody ever managed to successfully load images to this TFT ? (before going into the details where exactly things go wrong)

Any help would be appreciated.

Does it work generally ? As i saw, there are many informations, libs and code available - did the tft worked already ? What exactly happened when you wnat to upload (witj what code ?)

The TFT works fine with arduino due, I can display all I want, the only thing left is trying to figure out how to write images to flash IC

The problem is that the example image importer sketch does not allow me to insert

UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,25,26,27,28);

which I use in my working sketches I can only insert the display type, but mine (CTE32HR) is not recognized

UTFT myGLCD(CTE50); //Remember to change this for your LCD module

As a result I cannot see anything on the TFT.

link to image importer and more info on shield etc. https://code.google.com/p/cte-lcd-modules-arduino-library/downloads/list

Note that this example image importer sketch requires some libraries that, when installed, result in compiler errors in my previously working TFT sketches. This forced me to set up 2 IDE's, one for this image importer sketch and another one I use for all my other sketches.

I think I might have to solder jumper(s) on the TFT or on the TFT shield http://www.ebay.com/itm/121057447668?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 but I don't know if I should put the SD card in the TFT shield or in the intermediate shield.

I did manage to display images by placing them in the same directory as the sketch and link to them extern unsigned short icons[0x400];

As is saw, there is an additional lib for uploading images to the flash via sd-card. Did you use this, too ? I am a little bit confused, beacuse the offer shows that it can easily connected with your display, with plenty inoformations, links etc (as i wrote).wished, some other sellers would follow this ;)

Some libs need to "deinstall" all parts of an (possible) previous replacing lib, so if you do not or installed the lib not via the IDE Tool it MAY causes eroor like you described.

That is the lib (in fact there are 3 libs) I am using to upload images to flash.

There is a lot of information available from this vendor but not always correct for the TFT I have.

After some more searching and trying I managed to upload and image to flash. The SD card slot to be used is the one on the back of the TFT, not the card slot on the intermediate shield. No jumpers had to be changed (default configuration).

Can you please explain which modifications you needed to make?

Apparently you've got the UTFT_tinyFat working on Arduino Due? I'm trying on my CTE70 + shield on my Due, but without success.

I've got the UTFT library, the UTFT_tinyFat and tinyFat. The TFT/Touch stuff works like a charm, but the tinyFat demo just won't work :(

When I try the Demo_Landscape, the compiler first told me the following:

In file included from Demo_Landscape.ino:20:
[..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT/tinyFAT.h:39: fatal error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I worked around this by replacing WProgram.h with Arduino.h, which results in the following compiler error:

In file included from [..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT\mmc.cpp:1:
[..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT\/mmc.h:71: error: expected initializer before '*' token
[..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT\/mmc.h:72: error: 'regsize' does not name a type
[..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT\mmc.cpp: In function 'void spiSend(uint8_t)':
[..]\Arduino\libraries\tinyFAT\mmc.cpp:7: error: 'SPDR' was not declared in this scope
... and a lot more 'xxx' was not declared in this scope

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, so if you please could give some directions, that would be appreciated!

edit: of course I used the correct configuration:

UTFT         myGLCD(CTE70, 25, 26, 27, 28);

Should something else be configured in another place?

Edit 2:

Always the same.. when you ask for help, you figure it out by yourself.

Apparently I was on the wrong track by using UTFT_tinyFat by Karlsen. I now used the stuff supplied by ColdTear in the link you posted and followed the manual.

Demo works. It imports the file and displays it. Now I can tinker with it. Thanks for posting the URL to the CTE downloads :)

i wound up here with similiar problems to you. no i see that tinyfat and utft_tinyfat are not compatible with due