Upoading

Hi, everyone. whenever I try to upload a program on the Arduino, it says that there is invalid library.
Also, it said when I had my motor shield plugged in, it said that there were problems uploading to the board. I can run the code for blink, but nothing else will run. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Wolfpackfan:
Do you have any idea what is going on?

No, because you haven’t provided any useful information.

Please copy and paste the entire contents of the black console window at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window after you get the error. You need to scroll up to see all of it.

Please use code tags(</> button on the toolbar).

Invalid library? That means that you have the wrong library installed or don’t have it at all. Please post your code in code tags. Which motor shield are you using?

Sorry, here it is

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 1,446 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM4": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink: C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Servo: C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Servo
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink: C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Servo: C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Servo

Wolfpackfan:
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink: C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blink

This is most likely a sketch, not a library so it is not supposed to be in the libraries folder. You need to move it out of the libraries folder, C:\Users\Documents\Arduino is your sketchbook folder so that would be a logical place for it.

Wolfpackfan:

There actually is a library named Servo so I'm not sure what is wrong with this one without knowing what's in that folder. To fix the warning you need to either move it out of the libraries folder or fix whatever is wrong with it. If you want to post a screen shot or directory listing of the contents of the folder I can tell you why it's invalid or you could just move it since it's not doing you any good as is.

Wolfpackfan:
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM4": The system cannot find the file specified.

This is your real problem and it has nothing to do with the invalid libraries. Please do this:
Try this:

• With the Arduino board unplugged from the USB open the Tools > Port menu and note the listed ports. If the Port menu is gray and disabled then that means there are no ports available.
  • Close the Tools > Port menu.
  • Plug in the USB cable on the Arduino board
  • Wait a little while for the Arduino board to connect
  • Open Tools > Port, the new port on the list is your Arduino board. In some cases it will have the name of the board next to the port name but this doesn't happen with all boards. If the Port menu is gray and disabled then that means your Arduino board didn't install correctly. You may need to install a driver or there may be a different issue.
  • Select your Arduino's port from the menu.

The port looks fine, as it chose my board right away. I was using a motor shield, and when I took it off, it loaded fine, but when I put it on, it couldn't upload. Also, I have the Starter Kit. When I try to run any program besides blink, it doesn't run. I don't know if this means anything or not bot I am putting it out there just in case it is helpful.

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

When you get a new Arduino from arduino.cc, it comes with the blink sketch pre-loaded. So what is happening with your starter kit is it isn't really uploading. You are just seeing the preloaded blink.

Sorry, everyone. I have been busy. I fixed the invalid library, but I still can't upload an working program. Here is a link to the motor shield I am using. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D83BMES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1