(URGENT) Flex sensor problem!!

Hi,

I was working on a project involving flex sensor. On breadboard, every thing was fine but when I soldered wires to sensor's terminal so that i can involve pin and vcc by splitting the wire, the sensor stopped maybe working as on serial monitor 1023 is the only number i get.

P.S - I doubt the sensor is damaged as the terminals were very small and close it circuit so soldering might have damaged the circuit.

pics-

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Ritvik_Sharma/library/

Ritvik9: Hi,

I was working on a project involving flex sensor. On breadboard, every thing was fine but when I soldered wires to sensor's terminal so that i can involve pin and vcc by splitting the wire, the sensor stopped maybe working as on serial monitor 1023 is the only number i get.

P.S - I doubt the sensor is damaged as the terminals were very small and close it circuit so soldering might have damaged the circuit.

Urgent always yell's out "I really need this or my teacher will find out I started to late!" Common thing with flex sensors is, if you solder them to hot, the'll break. Check all your connections again and check another sensor.

the sensor stopped maybe working as on serial monitor 1023 is the only number i get.

That suggests a ground has dropped off. How is it wired up, with a pull up resistor or a pull down one?

C-F-K: Urgent always yells out "I really need this or my teacher will find out I started to late!"

"Urgent" always yells out "I really need this so badly I am unable to show anything about my actual setup or what I have done".

And putting it in capitals indicates even less information in the message than using proper capitalisation.

Get the message? Show the photograph - [u]perfectly[/u] focused and no more than 1024 by 768 definition.

I wrote urgent because I have a competition day after for which I need it!!

Grumpy_Mike:

the sensor stopped maybe working as on serial monitor 1023 is the only number i get.

That suggests a ground has dropped off. How is it wired up, with a pull up resistor or a pull down one?

+ve terminal is hooked up to 5v and A0 and -ve to hooked to grnd, that's how I used it but then I soldered both terminals with wires and connected a resistor on +ve wire in parallel so that it's other end would go in 5v.

Like I said, we need a (proper) photo to see just how bad the damage is.

And a URL for the flex sensor in question.

Paul__B: Like I said, we need a (proper) photo to see just how bad the damage is.

And a URL for the flex sensor in question.

ok

pics updated

Ritvik9:

Grumpy_Mike:

+ve terminal is hooked up to 5v and A0 and -ve to hooked to grnd, that's how I used it but then I soldered both terminals with wires and connected a resistor on +ve wire in parallel so that it's other end would go in 5v.

That is not the way to wire anything up. You connect the 5V to the positave terminal. The -ve terminal to A0 and also a resistor of 10K or so from A0 to ground.

Ritvik9: pics updated

And it says:-

Ritvik_Sharma's Library is Private.

Hi, yes what pictures, post them to this forum, read the how to;

See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Tom.... :)