Urgent question

I built electronic chessboard using arduino and i am having trouble with sending moves to chess GUI. Are there any toturials or someone could tell me how to do it? If you dont know what electronic chessboard is - Electronic chessboard is chessboard who registers moves made on the board and sends them to chess GUI who visualizes the gathered information.
My chessboard can gather information like:
Keypad: playground.arduino. cc/Code/Keypad
8x8 matrix: sites.google. com/site/bergersprojects/reedcb/programming
Help would be much appreciated!
Cheers!

Still no idea what you are talking about.

STOP CROSS-POSTING.

Duplicate deleted.

What Chess GUI are you attempting to send moves to, from your Arduino based chess board ?

6v6gt:
What Chess GUI are you attempting to send moves to, from your Arduino based chess board ?

Arena Chess GUI 3.5.1

Running under windows on a PC in your local network ?

i am having trouble with sending moves to chess GUI

Sounds like the typical request to have a bot or some gizmo to make moves and actions someone would normally do in an online game using a pc mouse/keyboard. If the GUI is on a pc, then the program presenting the GUI will also need to have some other type of input beyond the pc mouse/keyboard.

Does that chess program support external input of moves?

If not, you will have to write a program that runs on the computer, waiting for input from the Arduino connected to the chessboard, and spoof the appropriate user input to tell the chess program what was done. I’d use serial for the communication between Arduino and computer. From there on out, it becomes a desktop programming question, which you can do in whatever language you’re comfortable with. I use AutoHotKey when I need to spoof keyboard/mouse input and read screen pixels, but I don’t think it can do serial…

If so, what format does it want the external input to be presented in?

6v6gt:
Running under windows on a PC in your local network ?

Yes.

DrAzzy:
Does that chess program support external input of moves?

If not, you will have to write a program that runs on the computer, waiting for input from the Arduino connected to the chessboard, and spoof the appropriate user input to tell the chess program what was done. I'd use serial for the communication between Arduino and computer. From there on out, it becomes a desktop programming question, which you can do in whatever language you're comfortable with. I use AutoHotKey when I need to spoof keyboard/mouse input and read screen pixels, but I don't think it can do serial....

If so, what format does it want the external input to be presented in?

This GUI allows input with keyboard and mouse

The Arduino monitoring your chess board has to be equipped with an ethernet shield and web server and (optionally a wifi module for integrating it into your wireless LAN) see: Arduino Ethernet Shield Web Server Tutorial .

With this, you are able to publish chess moves onto a web page. There may be alternative ways of achieving this.

On the PC running Arena Chess GUI 3.5.1 a background process must run to capture the moves posted on the web page and use a published API (if any) of Arena Chess GUI 3.5.1 to enter the moves into the application. If no such API exists, you must use an automated tool for entering data into Arena Chess by a screen entry method (eg Selenium (software) - Wikipedia )

Alternatively, you could use a old fashioned wooden chessboard and chess pieces and forget all that electronic mumbo jumbo.

I LOVE the old mano-a-mano chess. But my only opponent was my son, & he’s like 17 and “doesn’t do that” now.

If GUI supports input via keyboard maybe i can make my chessboard as numpad where each square has its own chessboard coordinate for example "a4" and find program who writes down pressed numpad keys into the GUI?

Chess has a standard notation. I'd be very surprised if a good chess program couldn't input and output those.

I think an Arduino would be a great machine to make a sensor that could keep track of all the positions of all the pieces on the board, and then send those positions to a program running on a pc, using, what - Python, Processing ...? One of those scripting languages, right?

Can anyone tell me how can i get my keypad output as square names? For example, would this principle work?
char Keys[ROWS][COLS] = {
{‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’},
{‘4’, ‘5’, ‘6’},
{‘7’, ‘8’, ‘9’},
{’*’, ‘0’, ‘#’}
};

char * CharacterMask[ROWS][COLS] = {
{ “a8”, “b8”, “c8” },
{ “a7”, “b7”, “c7” },
{ “a6”, “b6”, “c6”},
{ “a5”, “b5”, “c5” }