Urgent:Using C# to read and plot data real time _ (arduino nano)

Hello all,

I am trying to read real-time values from arduino nano board, I need to plot the same with some custom features in Winforms (using visual studio 2015).

Connecting and reading data is happening, facing issue while trying to plot it in a single line graph.

tried using components like Zed graph .(discontinued due to less data flow rate compared to my requirement)

Component named Live chart - able to read data from serial port facing difficulty in plotting

Any example code which can be used directly in C# related would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Can you please upload the sketch you are working on?

Any example code which can be used directly in C# related would be helpful.

C# code won’t be of any use on the Arduino.

This is NOT a PC programming forum.

fnb111:
Can you please upload the sketch you are working on?

Reading data from arduino nano humidity sensor need to plot that data on win-forms

its an x,y plot where x is time value in seconds(from the time my arduino got started)
and y value from my sensor.

Thanks in advance

PaulS:
C# code won't be of any use on the Arduino.

This is NOT a PC programming forum.

Well, not directly perhaps. I wrote a C# program that talked to an arduino for a ham radio use. While it isn't a PC programming forum, there are projects that bridge the two that some readers here might find useful.

(deleted)

Thanks for your time..and replies

I just want to plot the same real-time graph from arduino nano serial plotter data in to a windows application using c#

As this two can be bridged together i am expecting suggestions from this forum

I am looking for any 3rd party tools also which help to do so.

spycatcher2k:
@econjack - by that reckoning, there should also be a section on motorbike & car maintenance, as I, as well as many others have used the Arduino based boards on both Cars & Motor bikes.

If you want to learn Arduino (C++) then this is the forum.
If you want to learn C/C++/C# then go to a more suited forum.
I've never asked anyone on any of the other forums I'm on to come to the Arduino forum for help when connecting their Arduino to a C++/C# program, as the sketch generally already produces the data stream. When the data leaves the Arduino, it is no longer an Arduino issue!

OK. So if a person has a data logger based on a member of the Arduino family, but wants to display it on a PC, where should they go for help? You're saying this is the wrong place, so my guess is you have a better suggestion.

so my guess is you have a better suggestion.

If the question is about how to get data from the Arduino to the PC, this MIGHT be the best place. Or, Interfacing with Software On The PC might be better.

If the question is ALL about how to use that data once it is on the PC, then some forum related to the application that is trying to use the data is a better place.

OP knows how to get data to the PC, and has some application that he/she developed that is getting the data. The question is ALL about how to make that application better, and THAT has NOTHING to do with the Arduino.

OP should go ask Microsoft or find a forum dedicated to developing applications using Microsoft applications.

Just because my lawn mower uses an internal combustion engine, and so does my pickup truck, that does NOT mean that asking the local Ford dealer with help sharpening the blade on my lawn mower is going to get me any help.

PaulS:
OK. So if a person has a data logger based on a member of the Arduino family, but wants to display it on a PC, where should they go for help? You're saying this is the wrong place, so my guess is you have a better suggestion.

If the Arduino datalogger was monitoring the environment in a greenhouse, would that make the Arduino forums a suitable forum for asking questions on the best envoronmental conditions for growing chillies ?

There are grey areas I'm sure, but this one's clear.

i am expecting suggestions from this forum

The data is already safely in the PC; that there was some Arduino voodoo that made that happen is 100% irrelevant. If you had the exact same data arriving just as safely in the PC from an RPi or a SinclairZX or an AS/400, that wouldn't make it an RPi or a SinclairZX or an AS/400 question.

srnet:
If the Arduino datalogger was monitoring the environment in a greenhouse, would that make the Arduino forums a suitable forum for asking questions on the best envoronmental conditions for growing chillies ?

So, what ARE the best conditions? What kind of chilies?