US source for buttons, switches, encoders, etc.?

Hi everyone - I'm planning on building some devices as inputs for a flight simulator.

Two things I'm having some trouble finding:

1. dual rotary encoders with pushbutton
    1. small-ish momentary pushbutton switches

Naturally I'll need other stuff, and am hoping to find a single source.

Any suggestions appreciated.

"dual" rotary encoders? What are they?

Did you Google, "electronics suppliers" or "electronic parts"?

Can you please detail your actual difficulties?

There are quite a few large mail order suppliers in the USA, I can't recommend one because it's really a consumer choice.

"dual" rotary encoders? What are they?
Like this, but just the encoder.

Did you Google, "electronics suppliers" or "electronic parts"?
Seriously?

Can you please detail your actual difficulties?
Yes. First - I need rotary encoders with knobs. Next, I can't seem to find suitable pushbutton switches. Both, as well as the other stuff, should be compatible with Arduino hardware.

There are quite a few large mail order suppliers in the USA, I can't recommend one because it's really a consumer choice.
Ok, thanks for your help.

Yes, and I don't appreciate the sarcasm. It's a straightforward question. Welcome to my "ignore" list.

You didn't try very hard because I Googled the description of the part you linked and the second result was a Mouser source.

Hi EmilyJane,

Naturally I Googled it, and saw Mouser, among many others... I don't know anything about them, and, obviously, Google results aren't recommendations.

That said - the search I did turned this up at Mouser:

And that row keeps going...

I'm obviously not an expert, have only used the components that came with my Arduino (Uno, Redboard kit) and wouldn't even know where to start. Narrowing it down to encoders is pretty straightforward. (I guess that's where to start.) The very next column, though - Absolute or Incremental... no clue. The kit I have doesn't have specs for the components, either.

That said, I also don't know the specs of what's known to be entirely compatible with Arduino (I also ordered an Arduino Mega, actual Arduino brand, today) or if certain types/manufacturers/features are known to work better than others.

Google "dual concentric encoders". If that doesn't narrow it down to two choices for you then you need to get a new Google. Mouser is one of the places professionals get electronic parts.
That's all I have to suggest today. Good luck and study hard.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.