usb floppy

is it possible to use my arduino as a usb floppy emulator for the sd card.

in other words, i want to connect it to my pc and see the contents of the sd card as drive A: and to be done in every othe pc i connect it to

jim98dami: is it possible to use my arduino as a usb floppy emulator for the sd card.

in other words, i want to connect it to my pc and see the contents of the sd card as drive A: and to be done in every othe pc i connect it to

No. The Arduino is a USB slave. A floppy drive is a USB master. Unless you are proficient at writing USB drivers, you can not make the Arduino emulate another USB device. And, if you were, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

jim98dami: in other words, i want to connect it to my pc and see the contents of the sd card as drive A: and to be done in every othe pc i connect it to

I haven't done it but I would expect that to be quite easy using a USB flash card adapter and a little bit of software configuration on the PC to map the drive letters. (Exactly how to do the drive substitution would depend on what OS your PCs are running, but on any modern version of Windows it should be relatively simple to achieve.)

PeterH:

jim98dami: in other words, i want to connect it to my pc and see the contents of the sd card as drive A: and to be done in every othe pc i connect it to

I haven't done it but I would expect that to be quite easy using a USB flash card adapter and a little bit of software configuration on the PC to map the drive letters. (Exactly how to do the drive substitution would depend on what OS your PCs are running, but on any modern version of Windows it should be relatively simple to achieve.)

yes thats the problem that i want to use it on a windows ce computer . if it had a normal windows version i could do this with a simple usb stick

jim98dami: yes thats the problem that i want to use it on a windows ce computer . if it had a normal windows version i could do this with a simple usb stick

Is this problem specifically about Windows CE clients, or other Windows platforms too? Does your client actually have a floppy drive controller which is available to connect your Arduino to? Presumably it supports a USB drive, and it's not obvious why that isn't doing what you need.

PeterH:

jim98dami: yes thats the problem that i want to use it on a windows ce computer . if it had a normal windows version i could do this with a simple usb stick

Is this problem specifically about Windows CE clients, or other Windows platforms too? Does your client actually have a floppy drive controller which is available to connect your Arduino to? Presumably it supports a USB drive, and it's not obvious why that isn't doing what you need.

this pc has an internal floppy drive(usb). it reads usb sticks but the program of the machine witch runs on windows ce reads only from floppy . what i want to do is it to recognize the arduino or a usb sick as a floppy so that the program can read from it.

the usb ports are fully functional the OS is bad

A floppy drive is a USB master

I don't think this is right. Most have the square plug like a printer, which indicates a slave.

In any case, I have instruments like this and I don't think it will work. I would bet that the internal floppy is not USB, but a standard PC floppy drive. THe USB ports are probably just for printers, and will not recognise a USB floppy even if it was there.

You might try something like this: http://www.amazon.com/SmartDisk-FlashPath-Floppy-Adapter-SmartMedia/dp/B00005QXW7