usb host 2 library auestion - where is the serial.print("buf:);?

Hi guys,

cant find the ine of the

serial.print("buf:");

in the usb host 2 library. Does anybody know where it is...i mean in whoich file/which line?! Its the line for the data output which is standard in the library...its shown in the serial monitor as

buf:04af003fef94

Thanks

I don't have a copy of that library, but I suggest you search the library source for the string "buf:" or "buf" rather than the whole serial.print statement, because it may not have been printed by a simple call to print().

Moin PeterH,

you could be right. I didnt find anything...maybe i should write a email to the developer...he should know it...hopefully :wink: the library is too big for me to understand everything.

PS. GitHub - felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0: Revision 2.0 of USB Host Library for Arduino. thats the library

I see quite a few examples where they print received messages, but none that print the letters "buf:". Are you sure this is being printed by the library itself? If so, which method are you calling when it's printed?

Hey Peter,

you dont have to call anything. when you are loading the libraries/the example of the library its there from the beginning. So thats the reason why i think its in the library…or its the secret function of the Arduino hahahaha

If you are loading the example without calling anything you get something like

Buf: 0817EB350010

The hex code is for Btn/x/y/twist/btn/hat axes and functions.
I search via chrome browser search function in all included libraries after “buf” but i didnt find anything…im a newbie in this buisness…but i think this is a little bit strange

If you are loading the example without calling anything you get something like
Buf: 0817EB350010
The hex code is for Btn/x/y/twist/btn/hat axes and functions.
I search via chrome browser search function in all included libraries after "buf" but i didnt find anything...im a newbie in this buisness...but i think this is a little bit strange

Are you sure that the search is case-insensitive? buf != Buf

Unfortunately im not sure....i wrote the developer of the library, i will see what he says. Its like the needle in the haystack, he will find it faster :wink: