USB Library

Hi,
i was wondering if someone did a library to make the arduino a USB Host (sure low speed 1.5Mbs).
I know that there is some hardware solution out there but i want to be on the low cost.
i would like to interface a Yubikey. it’s generate a one time code, and to the host it is exactly as a HID (Human Interface Device, or Keyboard)

And if nobody did it do you think that a simple dedicated USB host (to keyboard) would be feasible in the 16k/32k of the Arduino

Thanks.

do you think that a simple dedicated USB host (to keyboard) would be feasible in the 16k/32k of the Arduino

No. USB host is too complicated for an 8 bit microcontroller; there’s no such things as a “simple” host.

-j

Hi,

This is a fairly common question and in both cases, the answer is unfortunately no.

If you Google the forums you should find some threads discussing the issues involved.

--Phil.

USB host is too complicated for an 8 bit microcontroller

That's apparently not entirely true. :-)

--Phil.

I try searching the Forum but it seem that searching for the word USB does not bring me always to the right subject :'(

try searching for "USB host", or "AVR usb", that should give you more relevant hits.