USB over ethernet for uploading and serial monitor

Hello. I have set up an USB over ethernet connection. I intend to use it to monitor and upload new software to an Arduino mega 2560 used as controller in my cabin. Locally in my cabin it works great over the wifi there. But remote I experience problems. My internet connection in the cabin is via satellite. The bandwith is great but there is a long delay. When monitoring the Arduino from remote I experience that part of the text is missing and I assume that this is because of the delay. When I try to upload new software I always get timeout.

Is there a way to edit the settings for the USB connection in the Arduino IDE?

Is there another way to "control" the arduino over ethernet/internet.

Regards

Kjartan Iversen

one other way is using some ESP8266 module with JeeLabs esp-link firmware. it has serial console, sketch upload and more

EDIT: sketch OTA upload requires connecting the reset pin of atmega to a pin on esp

Thanks juraj.

I have checked your proposal using the ESP8266. This is a good solution but implementing it will result in a lot of rebuilding. So I will wait with this.

You wrote: EDIT: sketch OTA upload requires connecting the reset pin of atmega to a pin on esp

As I wrote initially: Locally in my cabin it works great over the wifi

without any hardwired reset.... I assume the atmega is performing a reset when usb connection is initiated.....

So I want to return to my original question ; how to change the settings for the USB connection.... I have searched for info about the avrdude and have found a config file "avrdude.conf". Is this the place to do the setup?????

regards

Kjartan