USB Port Not found

I recently lost my ports both usb and wireless, It happened when I mistakenly chose an UNO from boards to update my sketch.

I thought factory reset would fix it and gave a try now my WLAN led started blinking initially when I pressed

WLAN reset, went for the factory reset, now the WLAN keeps blinking rapidly. So guys?

Also when I reset 32U4 I can hear the USB connected sound and see the com port but it vanishes in 5 sec.

And I sometimes can't hear the usb plugged in sound.

After reconfiguration it just turned into a YUN USB Port not found topic

Ok. It's resolved, a program I uploaded managed to disappear my USB Port. Such stability!!

I overwrote with another through wifi and it got fixed

fatihturhan:
Ok. It's resolved, a program I uploaded managed to disappear my USB Port. Such stability!!

I don't see it as a stability issue. As I see it, it was just doing what you asked it to do. By loading a sketch built for the Uno, you instructed the processor to ignore the USB port and not initialize it, but instead initialize Serial to use pins 0 and 1. In effect, you told it to turn off the USB port, how was it supposed to know you meant otherwise? It does what it's told, even if what you told it to do isn't what you meant to do.

You see, the USB port on an Uno (which has a '328 processor) is very different from the processor on a Yun (which is a '32U4.) The '328 processor in the Uno has no USB abilities. Instead, it ties the internal serial port Tx and Rx lines to a chip that both acts like USB serial port and a USB bootloader. A sketch for the Uno doesn't have to do anything special for the USB, it is always there in the hardware.

The Yun's '32U4 processor, on the other hand, has the USB interface built into the processor. Not only does this free up the normal serial port for communications with the Linux processor. It also lets you reconfigure the USB port for a variety of other uses: for example, it can act like a keyboard, mouse, or a bunch of other devices. The downside to this extra power and flexibility is that the compiled sketch must set up the USB port for it to be recognized as a serial port. This is automatically added to the sketch when you compile it with the Yun board type selected. It is not done when you compile the sketch for a Uno, and then incorrectly load it on a Yun.

Calling the Yun unstable because you loaded an inappropriate type of sketch is like calling your car unstable because the gas engine won't run when you fill the tank with diesel fuel. It's not the car's fault, just as it isn't the Yun's fault.

I overwrote with another through wifi and it got fixed

That would've been my recommendation. When you load via the network, you bypass the USB port and not only load a fresh sketch, but also update the bootloader. A load over the network can correct a variety issues.

Got it, should have thought of that :smiley: