USB SERIAL SUGGESTION

hello guys, im in the process of creating arduino programmer on my own. i can able to program a atm328(boot loaded) ic in the bread board through wires from arduino uno r3. instead of arduino board i used avr cdc usb serial to program the atm328(boot loaded) ic, i am successfull in doing the same and the sketch is running perfectly(i tried blink and fade examples) but inspite that the arduino ide showing the error"… expect 0x010 received 0x014… program not in sync". i tried changing the baud rate but not successfull, is it not possible to use any other usb to serial converter other than FTDI and arduino board. please do give your suggestions

thank you

The Arduino IDE is able to use any serial port. So any serial port in the operating system can be used. The operating system has to have it properly installed, with the drivers and so.

If the serial hardware is connected to RXD and TXD on the Arduino, it wil work. But if DTR is not used to reset, you might need to reset it yourself to return to the bootloader. I always use a baudrate of 9600: "Serial.begin(9600);"

elabz: hello guys, im in the process of creating arduino programmer on my own. i can able to program a atm328(boot loaded) ic in the bread board through wires from arduino uno r3. instead of arduino board i used avr cdc usb serial to program the atm328(boot loaded) ic, i am successfull in doing the same and the sketch is running perfectly(i tried blink and fade examples) but inspite that the arduino ide showing the error"... expect 0x010 received 0x014... program not in sync". i tried changing the baud rate but not successfull, is it not possible to use any other usb to serial converter other than FTDI and arduino board. please do give your suggestions

thank you

Have you tried to unplud the usb cable, restart your Arduino IDE then plug again, then upload again?

CP2102 based USB/serial modules can be used also. Some are available that can be modified with a trace cut and a jumper add, to control the DTR line for autoreset.

Or got the route of the Serial Arduino, just a couple transistors/diodes to do the RS232 to TTL translation for serial comm's.

thank you for the reply guys. what might be the problem with my setup, because the sketch is running good in the arduino uno board but ide showing the response error.