USB WIFI "Dongle"

I recently disassembled an old HP printer. Salvaged parts and motors. One of the parts I salvaged was a WIFI board. I did some research and found an article on hacking the USB port on this card and using it as a USB WIFI dongle.

So my question is, is there any use for this card and the Arduino? Here's a link to the page on hacking the card:

https://alexkaltsas.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/hacking-a-printerss-wifi-module/

is there any use for this card and the Arduino?

None that makes sense.

pylon: None that makes sense.

Many thank, that's pretty much what I thought. I would have to load up a lot of network protocols to do anything productive and that would defeat the Arduinos purpose. I was thinking remote control using WIFI, but I think it would be way too much work not to mention probably not enough memory on the Arduino to do the job.

Again, thanks for the response.

If you want to do embedded WiFi use an ESP board. They are cheap, powerful and can be programmed by the Arduino IDE.

pylon: If you want to do embedded WiFi use an ESP board. They are cheap, powerful and can be programmed by the Arduino IDE.

Thanks, but what would an embedded wifi be used for?? Just curious.

Thanks, but what would an embedded wifi be used for?? Just curious.

You asked about Arduino and WiFi. One example: you have some sensors and want their data be published on a web server. I would say any device that needs to send data wireless and don't run on battery.

Thanks.

That makes perfect sense and gives me an idea that I may pursue at some future point.