USBtinyISP -is this possible to make or ???

Hi all

First - I am new to arduino.

But I have a question about a thing with the USBtinyISP.

I am not sure if it is possible but can I make or is it all ready made like the described in the attachment picture.

I think it would be easier to make a new ATMEGA328 chip or similar if you just can change the chip and not make up a breadboard installation first.

Please if my question is to far away, be gentle to me… :wink:

I have only been playing with this stuff for a few weeks and do not have must equipment for testing differing solutions.

I dont wont to buy things if is it not nessary.

/Per

USBtinyISP.jpg

jokerper:
<…>
I am not sure if it is possible but can I make or is it all ready made like the described in the attachment picture.

I think it would be easier to make a new ATMEGA328 chip or similar if you just can change the chip and not make up a breadboard installation first.

<…>

Per:

These ATtiny programmers can be purchased inexpensively or can be manufactured, just Google. However, if your interest is simply in the Atmega328P-PU DIP, then you may find that using an UNO for the ISP programmer and the ArduinoISP sketch software may be all you need.

I personally purchased an Adafruit ZIP shield and paired it with an under $10 UNO clone. That is really all you need. See: ZIP + UNO

Welcome to the forum. You ‘may’ find something to play around with on my project page: Ray’s Projects Everything from serious to silly.

Take a while and browse through this section from Nick Gammon who has an excellent set of pages relating to Arduino: Nick’s Pages

Ray

Sure you could make a programmer with a DIP socket on it - I've made a few adapters to go from 6-pin ISP to DIP socket.

But this means using more expensive ZIF sockets (you don't want to be plugging and unplugging DIP parts in normal sockets all the time -you're bound to break off a pin).

Most people wire in an ISP header onto the board they're working on, so they can keep everything assembled and just hook up the ISP to their project to reflash it. That way, all you have to do is connect a cable. No carefully prying out the chip hoping you don't damage it, programming it, and then carefully reinserting it. Also has the advantage of working for surface mount designs where your chip isn't socketed.

Thank you for the answer...

That is a big problem when I am the only one who are interested in Arduino in my neigbourhood. There are knownone to spare with so thanks agian, now I can get a liltte further.

maybe I just should dedicate a breadboard and a uno compatible card with a ZIF sockets setup.

Would that be one of the right ways to do it?

Thanks...

maybe I just should dedicate a breadboard and a uno compatible card with a ZIF sockets setup.

Would that be one of the right ways to do it?

It is a way and what I have done. Many others prefer the separate AVR programmers, especially if they work with nonstandard Arduino Atmel microcontrollers. You can always buy a dedicated unit in the future if you want to walk outside the well-defined path.

Ray