Use and Manipulate an RC Circuit

1. Compose a simple capacitor charging RC circuit using a 1.5 kΩ resistor and a 220
    µF capacitor. Connect it to pin 8 of Arduino. Connect the scope input of the ADK
    to monitor the capacitor’s voltage.

2. Write a simple sketch (using Processing) that would generate a train of rectangular
    pulses applied to your RC. Calculate the time constant, τ, of your circuit.

3. Set the pulse duration of the pulse train equal to τ and the duty cycle to 50%.
    Observe the voltage across the capacitor using the scope. Take a screen-shot.

4. Increase the pulse duration to 3τ, while keeping the duty cycle at 50%. Observe the
    voltage across the capacitor using the scope and take a screen-shot.

5. Increase the pulse duration to 5τ, while keeping the duty cycle at 50%. Observe the
    voltage across the capacitor using the scope and take a screen-shot

6. Reset the pulse duration to τ but reduce the duty cycle to 25%. Observe the voltage
    across the capacitor using the scope. Take a screen-shot.

7. Next, let us practice Assembly! Rewrite your code using AVR Assembly for the
    experiments in 3, 4, 5, and 6. Repeat the same experimentation, while taking
    screen-shots.

calculate time constant. generate pulse.

I do not understand how to develop the code for this project.

What does your instructor recommend for learning materials?

There is no recommended text. We are given slides that do not even belong to my instructor.

If you paid for the class, you certainly aren't getting your money's worth!

This isn’t a question about arduino - it’s a question about how to do a course of study, how to navigate all the requirements and notes. Good luck - I dropped out. Couldn’t cope with it.