Use arduino as RFID tag

I got the RFID rc522 reader, and i want to tags that allow you to write on sector 0 (so the UID). but instead of ordering some RFID tags it would be nice if i could use the RFID reader as tag or make my own and use it with a arduino uno as multible RFID tags.

It should be possible right? A RFID tag is just a antenna with a microcontroller (not 100% sure). So could you not just use the reader as antenna and arduino as microcontroller???

Thanks for helping, couldnt find anything on internet… :slight_smile:

It should be possible right? A RFID tag is just a antenna with a microcontroller (not 100% sure). So could you not just use the reader as antenna and arduino as microcontroller???

No. An RFID tag is an antenna and small controller, that's correct. But the RFID tag is powered by the energy it gets from the antenna, so the RFID reader hardware is essentially a relatively powerful sender to give the tags enough power to start up and send tag information back.

The reader hardware is not designed to act as an RFID tag. There might be hardware that can act as a reader and a tag but I'm not aware of such hardware.

Thanks for your answer.

But is their an other way to build your own rfid tag using the arduino so you can choose between data on the tag?

But is their an other way to build your own rfid tag using the arduino so you can choose between data on the tag?

You can get a writable tag and use above setup to write new data to that tag as often as you like.

I'm not aware of a hardware that enables an Arduino to act as an RFID tag which doesn't mean it does not exist.

Alright, thanks.