Use Arduino to Read Data From iPhone

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place, but I was looking for some help with my project. I'm trying to create a device that will read the battery percentage of the phone and control power to the phone based on its percentage. I was wondering if it was possible to use Bluetooth to read the battery percentage without making a custom app that will send the data to the Arduino.

I'm using an Adafruit "Bluefruit LE Shield" to send and receive Bluetooth. It can be found here:

I've tried using the guide, but I'm new to all this stuff so I'm very confused. If you could help that would be great. Thanks in advance.

If you want something to control the power to the phone, it has to control the power by changing the voltage. How well does the phone work when the voltage is reduced, as when the battery needs recharging.

Paul

I already have that part worked out, I just need help with the Bluetooth aspect. I'm using a relay to control if the phone is being charged.

I was wondering if it was possible to use Bluetooth to read the battery percentage without making a custom app that will send the data to the Arduino.

Think about that. How will the phone know to send the battery percentage anywhere, without some app running that knows to do that? That app should probably NOT send the battery percentage every second, unless you like the sound of the relay clicking. That app should send "Hey, charge me" when the value reaches some threshold.

Of course, sending "Hey, charge me" when the phone is not connected to the charger will be useless. And, if the phone IS connected to the charger, the charger should charge the phone automatically. I can't see the point in adding a relay to control power to the charger.