Use Blackhawk USB100v2 debugger on MEGA2650

I am currently using an Eclipse environment (Code Composer Studio V 6.1) to develop software for a TI Piccolo TMS320F28022 chip via the JTAG port. It is working well.

I note both the ATMEL-MEGA2650 and the TI-28022 both support JTAG 1149.1.

The TI board has a 10 pin connector, some pins not used, and the MEGA board has a 6 pin connector.

Rather then install a totally new environment (Eclipse Neon) in a different folder, does anybody think there will be any issues with simply making an adapter cable and create a new project?

Thanks, Mark.

CoolJavelin:
I am currently using an Eclipse environment (Code Composer Studio V 6.1) to develop software for a TI Piccolo TMS320F28022 chip via the JTAG port. It is working well.

I note both the ATMEL-MEGA2650 and the TI-28022 both support JTAG 1149.1.

The TI board has a 10 pin connector, some pins not used, and the MEGA board has a 6 pin connector.

Rather then install a totally new environment (Eclipse Neon) in a different folder, does anybody think there will be any issues with simply making an adapter cable and create a new project?

Thanks, Mark.

JTag (10 pin connector) and ICSP(6 pin connector) are NOT same thing.Mega 2560 does not have a JTAG connector. If you want to use JTAG on ATMega, you will need to connect the 7-8 pins from the 10 pin connector to the right pins on the Arduino (I believe you need Power, 2 grounds (don’t ask why 2, but they insist it is necessary) and A4-A7. IIRC the pinout on Mega 2560 is:

JTAG pin 1 - A4
JTAG pin 2 - GRND
JTAG pin 3 - A6
JTAG pin 4 - VCC (5v)
JTAG pin 5 - A5
JTAG pin 6 - not connected
JTAG pin 7 - not connected
JTAG pin 8 - not connected
JTAG pin 9 - A7
JTAG pin 10 - GRND

one of the unused pings (8?) is reset. I do not think you need it in most cases.

You will also need to enable the JTAGEN fuse before it will work…

-HH

Thanks, hichhiker.

I had planned on making a custom cable to connect the Blackhawk to the Arduino using those pins.

I was more asking about the compatibility (firmware), and interoperability (timing and software).

I guess I will give it a try and get back here with my results.

Of course, I will need some debugging software on the PC to access the JTAG. I guess I have a learning curve ahead.

Thanks, Mark.

PS. I note the date on this board is way off (about 2 and 1/2 years.) It says the post was in June of 2017, but in real life it was Jan 2020. Y2K bug?