Use of email address for username

I have noticed that several recent new users are using their email addresses as their user name. I don’t recall it happening in the past.

Has there been some change to the sign-up process that is unintentionally leading them to think that their email address is needed.

Displaying email addresses openly on websites seems like a great way to acquire lots of lady friends who are dying to meet you. And other equally useful stuff such as African investment schemes,

…R

The other worrying aspect of the new forum software is the frequency of anonymous posts.

The other worrying aspect of the new forum software is the frequency of anonymous posts.

That's happened to me several times. I type up a reply, hit post, and the post is attributed to no-name.

Variation on theme ... suddenly my name has changed to "3Dprinter", not Msquare. Had a hard time logging in, finally decided on the Password Reset - and there the mail called me 3Dprinter.

Loooooong time ago I used that name, but had changed everything to Msquare. So something old has crept up from the database?. Looking forward to seeing what this post will be attributed to.