Use of GPS and GPRS together

Hi,

I have two "shield" Arduino : GPRS (of Seedstudio) and GPS (Parallax). I'd like to use these two shield in the same time on an Arduino Uno. That I want to do : If I send a SMS with "gps" as content, the Arduino send me a SMS with the Latitude and Longitude.

Separately GPS and GPRS works. But when I want to use both together, it doesn't work. :~ I try wih many libraries : TinyGPS, gsm-shield-studio, goGPRS and also without libraries.

Do you think Arduino Uno as enough RAM for this project ?

If yes, do you know what is the problem ?

Do you think Arduino Uno as enough RAM for this project ?

Depends on how conservative you are.

If yes, do you know what is the problem ?

It's your code. The problem is you didn't post it.

I think I found the problem, which is not my code.

I understand that you can't "listen" (read) two serial port in the same time with an Arduino Uno.

So I follow the example of this page.

It works, however I think I can't use GoGprs library.

I understand that you can't "listen" (read) two serial port in the same time with an Arduino Uno.

You can't listen to two software serial ports at the same time. You CAN listen to one software and one hardware serial port at the same time.

But in my case, if I understand, I have two hardware serial port (GPS and GPRS) ?

The Arduino may, or may not have two hardware serial ports. The GPS and GPRS do not have any hardware serial ports. They connect to hardware or software serial ports on the Arduino.

PaulS: The Arduino may, or may not have two hardware serial ports. The GPS and GPRS do not have any hardware serial ports. They connect to hardware or software serial ports on the Arduino.

As matter of interest, what is the best way to connect a GPS, GSM / 3G module and RTC module to an Arduino (any - or make a suggestion) together to avoid problems like this?

As matter of interest, what is the best way to connect a GPS, GSM / 3G module and RTC module to an Arduino (any - or make a suggestion) together to avoid problems like this?

Which GPS? Which shield?

Which GSM? Which shield?

What you need in a shield is the ability to connect the device's serial output/input to ANY Arduino pins. Good luck finding such a shield.

Why you want to Use of GPS and GPRS together?