Use of 'volatile long long varname' as a variable declaration

In an Instructable about using the ATTiny85 as a controller for a servo, the author uses the subject variable declaration. I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find any reference to the use of 'volatile long long'. I can find volatile long unsigned but not the former. Are they the same? BTW, the author prefaces his sketch with "ABSOLUTELY TESTED AND WORKING"

Which part don't you understand, the volatile or the long long ?
As a matter of interest what data is the long long variable being used to hold ?

grayl:
I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find any reference to the use of 'volatile long long'. I can find volatile long unsigned but not the former. Are they the same? BTW, the author prefaces his sketch with "ABSOLUTELY TESTED AND WORKING"

Look: avr-libc: <stdint.h>: Standard Integer Types

"long" is a 32-bit variable and "long long" is a 64-bit variable.

jurs: Thanks, your reference tells it exactly - a 64 bit signed variable. Too bad the Arduino Reference in this site does not state that.

grayl:
jurs: Thanks, your reference tells it exactly - a 64 bit signed variable. Too bad the Arduino Reference in this site does not state that.

It is too bad that the makers of the Arduino software try to hide the functions of the AVR LIBC library, which can be used with at least every Atmega board :
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/modules.html

In former versions of Arduino, all the AVR LIBC manual files were available on every IDE installation (at least until 1.0.5):
[path-to-arduino]/hardware/tools/avr/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual/index.html
[path-to-arduino]/hardware/tools/avr/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual/modules.html

But some day they decided: Users of the Arduino IDE don’t need the AVR LIBC manual, and they didn’t put it into the Arduino IDE any longer.

So for Arduino newbies it really has become hard to detect, that the main library they can use is not only the “Arduino core library”, but also the full “AVR LIBC library”.

So you better refer to the online manual of AVR LIBC, if you need information about all the AVR LIBC library functions that you can use with all Arduino sketches.

But some day they decided: Users of the Arduino IDE don't need the AVR LIBC manual, and they didn't put it into the Arduino IDE any longer.

They didn't "decide"; they just stopped using pre-packaged AVR development packages (Crosspack for Mac, WinAVR for PC), and a bunch of stuff no-one had really noticed went away.
(It's not like the libc manual was easy to find in the old releases!)

The Arduino reference declines to be a full-sized document describing all of C, C++, avr-libc, and the avr microcontrollers. If it was, it would scare most people away.

jurs:
It is too bad that the makers of the Arduino software try to hide the functions of the AVR LIBC library, which can be used with at least every Atmega board :

There's a link to it on the reference homepage, but I think it needs a little more emphasis and a short explanation of why an arduino programmer might want to know about it.