Use RemoteXY for Android communication

shev hello. I'm trying to set up a project using a arduino mega and remotexy. I managed to make it work with arduino UNO but I can not connect to the mega. connecting get the error: "connection is established, but device does not reply: time out error: no response" You know because it can be?

Hi,

Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX in SoftwareSerial: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 50, 51, 52, 53, A8 (62), A9 (63), A10 (64), A11 (65), A12 (66), A13 (67), A14 (68), A15 (69). https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/softwareSerial

If you use MEGA and RemoteXY in SoftwareSerial, use the recommended RX pin. To do this, change the settings in the source code:

define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_RX 10 // change recommended pin for RX

define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_TX 11

define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_SPEED 9600

ifan:

sketch for the design as in the photo how? for materials arduino nano L298N module

please guide me.. :D

Please, see the example for L298N by link http://remotexy.com/en/examples/car/

I finally got around to trying RemoteXY and I am very impressed. It seems a very easy way to create an Android control screen for an Arduino project.

I had originally misunderstood how it worked and I thought that the Web design page would generate a different Android app for each screen design and I was cautious about downloading unknown Android apps. In the meantime I developed EzScrn as a simple project for generating a browsed-based interface for controlling an Arduino and without realizing it used a similar concept with all the screen design elements in the Arduino code. That made me understand how RemoteXY works.

Because it uses a Browser for its GUI EzScrn will work on an any device that has a browser which may make it more versatile but, of course, there needs to be a PC or a Yun to run the server. And, unlike RemoteXY, there is no drag-and-drop screen designer for EzScrn.

...R

Hello Shev,

Very excellent system you have created!

I am working on putting examples on http://ArduinoInfo.Info Maybe we can work together on this.

I am working with some schools and will be makiing kits for them with our Arduino derivative called YourDuino. The kits will be similar to THIS:, but have bluetooth module instead of nRF24l01.

Question: You show 2 products on Google Play. One is "Bluetooth Arduino control FREE" and the other is "RemoteXY Bluetooth control PRO". What is the difference? I need something free for a classroom of students, but some might buy the Pro version themselves. Can you provide an Educational version for a single price? Maybe we can work together on this. There will probably be 600 of these kits for the September school year.

Another Question: Are you planning an Iphone version? Android only would be a problem in a classroom.

Thanks for your work on this interesting idea..

shev: The project involves placing description of interface on the Arduino. This main feature of the project. Arduino does not have enough memory that to save the image of controls. But it can save the pointer of the control element as one of several pre-defined. In the near future, we plan to vary the of pre-defined skins of control elements.

Perhaps button faces, fonts and like could be on SD files plugged into the Android device? Plug in your own look and feel.

Will this also work for Android wifi tablets? I have Kitkat 4.4.

terryking228: Question: You show 2 products on Google Play. One is "Bluetooth Arduino control FREE" and the other is "RemoteXY Bluetooth control PRO". What is the difference?

In FREE version of RemoteXY app is limited the connection via Bluetooth. This time is 30 seconds. Further there is a disconnection. Can to connect again. You can reconnect many times. The display shows the time-remaining counter. 30 seconds should be enough to test, and then go on to the PRO version. You can try and evaluate the application before using the PRO version. Other functional characteristics of the application are identical.

GoForSmoke:
Perhaps button faces, fonts and like could be on SD files plugged into the Android device? Plug in your own look and feel.

It is interesting idea. we will think how to do it.

GoForSmoke:
Will this also work for Android wifi tablets? I have Kitkat 4.4.

It is plan.

@shev I think it would be a good idea if you modify your original post and change the title so it reads

Android communication over Bluetooth using RemoteXY

...R

Hi, your programs looks really nice, I would really like to buy the PRO version, but I have same problem as skydge has.

It can't be paired with bluetooth. "connection is established, but device does not reply: time out error: no response"

Can you help me?

I tried using many boards /UNO, Nano/, many bluetooth modules /HC-05/, I also tried it on both KitKat and Lollipop devices

Pairing doesn't work even if I connect only VCC and GND, but other apps like Ardurdroid etc. can connect without problems.

Thank you for answer.

This is a great app! The idea is amazing as well-embedding the UI in the arduino code? Pure genius! What is the difference between the free version and the PRO version? Will the app work on a 2.2 phone?

Isaac96: What is the difference between the free version and the PRO version?

FREE version is full, but connection time limited. You can reconnected.

Isaac96: Will the app work on a 2.2 phone?

Yes, Android 2.2 is supported.

ondraman: It can't be paired with bluetooth. "connection is established, but device does not reply: time out error: no response"

It problem means, that Arduino sketch does not reply on request from Android app. Did you upload example sketch in Arduino?

So with the free version, it will disconnect after some time?

Isaac96:
So with the free version, it will disconnect after some time?

It’s a very short time - maybe a minute? (it’s a while since I tried it). It is long enough to satisfy yourself that it works, but not long enough to be useful.

…R

shev: It problem means, that Arduino sketch does not reply on request from Android app. Did you upload example sketch in Arduino?

Thanks, problem solved. I just bought a PRO version.

Good Luck :)

I just downloaded the app only to find the connection time is only 30 seconds! >:( I think I will buy the PRO version.

Hello. I would like to verify that it works on Arduino DUE ?? I did some tests and got any success.

Thank you.

Hi, I get error "connection is established but device does not reply". I have the Pro version of RemoteXY and I am sure my Arduino is setup correctly as other apps can show the data being sent from Arduino via bluetooth. I'm using Softserial and tried different pins already. Please help?

This is an excellent app!!! I use it myself and was just about to recommend it. Very easy, very useful!! for those of you concerned about signing up, there are no costs involved for the free version .(I purchased pro from the playstore and payed R59 ZAR for it, thats like 4 dollars.. and its totally worth it! be warned tho, the GUI (display) is loaded onto the arduino as part of the source code, this makes it very handy because you can connect from any android device and receive the display screen without having to download the new GUI to the phone, but if you are an idiot like me and not aware of this you will search for a way to download this or send it to your android device separately which is not possible. Excellent app!!! use it!! super easy!!! great explanations and examples!!