Use the screen/display from a Nokia 5110?

Hi, im new to the forum and new to microcontrollers in general.

I am thinking of getting a Nano and as i am a biit strapped for cash atm iwanted to try to use a display i have from a Nokia 5110 instead of buying a new OLED screen.

What i wanted to ask was if it can be done, or if i have to get the OLED. if it is possible, could someone maybe direct me to a link to some sort with information on how to do it?

Thanks in advance. /Ronny.

Thank you, but i have googled all day today without me finding what i am looking for.
I appreciate it, but what i meant was that i wanted to take out the display out of the 5110 and use it, but i cant see any pins on it, and was just wondering where to connect the wire to.

Thanks.

@ronlik

What you need to do if you cannot see pins is provide some decent pictures and any numbers that may be on the board for the display so people can maybe cross reference it.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.

The Nokia 5110 has been discussed extensively in relation to Arduino, perhaps a site search would be the way to go!

ronlik:
i cant see any pins on it,

It looks like you have answered your question - at least as far as practicality is concerned. Next thing to consider is why you would do this when you can get a 5110 screen ready to go for about $5.

For what it is worth, and as a long-time 5110 user, I submit you should seriously consider a little 1306 OLED. They are about the same price, and more versatile.

Nick_Pyner:
It looks like you have answered your question - at least as far as practicality is concerned. Next thing to consider is why you would do this when you can get a 5110 screen ready to go for about $5.

For what it is worth, and as a long-time 5110 user, I submit you should seriously consider a little 1306 OLED. They are about the same price, and more versatile.

Thanks. I knew i would get shit for this question but i had to ask anyway.

That's OK. At least you saw it coming..

Nick_Pyner:
That's OK. At least you saw it coming..

Yeah, i took a chance there.