Used/Free Resources of µContr. under Ardu. Framework // cutomize exist. librarys

Hello folks,

i have 2 in depth questions to the Arduino Framework.

1.) Is there a list which resources of the controller on a specific board (Nano, Uno, etc.) are used? For example i have a Nano and want to do something with the Timer1, how do i know if i can initialize it by writing to it´s registers in the sketch, without crashing the framework? Okay, one way would be to check it´s registers for equal to zero.

2.) Is there a way to determine which standard lib is compiled in and which not? For example there exists the "serial" library for the Nano which is always present, even if i don´t include the header by my self.

best regrads, Moe

For example i have a Nano and want to do something with the Timer1, how do i know if i can initialize it by writing to it´s registers in the sketch, without crashing the framework?

Check the datasheet for the chip on the board.

2.) Is there a way to determine which standard lib is compiled in and which not?

If you use it, it gets compiled.

For example there exists the "serial" library for the Nano which is always present, even if i don´t include the header by my self.

The library always exists. It is not compiled or linked in unless you use it.